• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Pascal Titan-X Launch

Soldato
Look we can't call it the Titan X, let's pick a moniker for it. Like the 290X and the 290, ended up calling it the 290Pro/290P to avoid confusion.

Titan P?

Caporegime
It's scary and there won't really be any need for NV to drop the 1080 price until a 1080ti to fit in the middle of the 1080 and TX.

Even then with a £600 difference there is plenty of room to drop a ti in at £900.:(

And then they will sell like hotcakes as they will offer the same performance as the titan for £300 less and people will think they are a bargain.

Caporegime
1080Ti will beat a titan Pascal if previous form is to be looked at. The 980Ti stomped over the Titan x

Actually, that wasn't the case. It took roughly a 100Mhz to match the Titan X and clock for clock, the Titan X was the faster. The downside for me concerning the Titan X was the lack of custom cooled and binned chips unlike the 980Ti. There was custom BIOS's out that gave some real decent gains but flashing wasn't something that many do.

Soldato

I was just giving the reason why the 780Ti was better. Comparing the original titan and the 780ti is not the same as the comparing the Titan-x and the 980ti. 780Ti and Titan black is a similar comparison.

980ti and Titan-x are from the same chip.
Titan black and 780ti are from the same chip.
Titan and 780 are from the same chip.

Associate
Linus and Luke were on to something as to why nVidia didn't go down the XP or PX route, marketing would have had a field day.

Yeah but its not that there is a shortage of names one can use.

Titan Xtreem, Titan Fury :D Big Titan :D you get the idea.

Calling it a Titan X again is just silly.

Caporegime
I do agree with the naming. It is just horrible calling something the same as a previous card and nothing to boot. Titan Xtreme would have done or Titan 2, just anything other that Titan X.... Why you do dis to us?

Caporegime
Yeah but its not that there is a shortage of names one can use.

Titan Xtreem, Titan Fury :D Big Titan :D you get the idea.

Calling it a Titan X again is just silly.

My feeling is Titan X has become a brand name like Geforce So it is a Geforce product but a Titan X product from the Pascal series, thus called Titan X Pascal, or Pascal titan X.

Man of Honour
I do agree with the naming. It is just horrible calling something the same as a previous card and nothing to boot. Titan Xtreme would have done or Titan 2, just anything other that Titan X.... Why you do dis to us?

For the bench threads I may just list them as Titan with the first letter of the family name -

TitanK (Kepler)

TitanKB (Kepler Black)

TitanM (Maxwell)

TitanP (Pascal)

I think everyone will know which is which.

Caporegime
For the bench threads I may just list them as Titan with the first letter of the family name -

TitanK (Kepler)

TitanKB (Kepler Black)

TitanM (Maxwell)

TitanP (Pascal)

I think everyone will know which is which.
Good call.

I was gonna suggest titan x2, but that might get peoples hopes up thinking it's a dual gpu beast.:D

Back
Top Bottom