Path of Exile(diablo clone)

Soldato
EA is a great build, was tempted as well but going to punish myself with spectral helix. There's just something about leap slamming through the campaign with a 2hand axe and leaving death spirals behind. Possible swap to champ lighting strike using Tuna's setup later on.

Associate
Got a Discord friend who's going Helix and he just did a 4.5 hour Act run. Undeniably insane skill but I can't get over the movement style with it, makes me a little uncomfortable to process visually.

Soldato
yeah was watching Jung playing earlier and Tuna's LS video where he level's as helix. A few levels in and you've got the following running which makes it really quick

- leap slam + faster attacks
- onslaught, champ adrenaline, phasing, extra movement with phasing, extra onslaught effect etc

you're pretty damn fast. Leap slam to mob, 1 or 2 helix, move to next pack
can be running several auras so good armour or evasion + damage etc
zero mana issues so can run 2 health + 3 quicksilver for quite a long time

Associate
Madness. I will have to give it a look in the future. I'm too set in my ways now to be switching things up the night before. 5-6 hours to maps on Bane, not the fastest but fast enough that I can be mapping by sunrise.

Not gonna be able to do this kind of thing again with my new position at work so I'm gonna go hard on this league so I can bow out on a high.

Associate
Play with buddies on league start, so slow leveling.
and its a late start due to timezones, so play 2 hours then sleep and back at it in the morning.
Played 2 months last league and its likely to be one more fun ride

Soldato
I get why people run the acts as fast as possible, I'll be hoping to get it done in a few days (which is fast for me as I usally get distracted crafting, or stupidly clearing areas) - but why do people rush the hell out of everything else when the league lasts for three months?

PS What does everyone do with all the old gear in left stash tabs I feel like I want to clesr everything out but that seems kind of stupid? I've got loads of remove only tabs stuffed with items.

Last edited:
Associate
Getting a headstart on the economy is an easy way to get(and stay) rich. When you can buy Ex at 40-50c and two days later they're at 100c+? Pays to be fast. Even though the league is three months, a lot of people are of the mindset that after two-three weeks the league is dead and just go hard for that time. Siege/ArchNem I played almost everyday and had no issues with trading/crafting or doing boss carries until I retired my toon. I had 40/40 on week 3 and then continued to play for 8 more weeks perfectly, people more often than not just want to be first at things for bragging rights.

Standard doesn't get talked about. I hit 'Hide all Remove only tabs' and then ignore them. In the new league you only have your normal quota of empty stash tabs.

Soldato
just depends on your goals I think really. Getting to late game content before others can give a big benefit if you want to earn currency
I'm not that fast through the campaign and not really aiming to rush it. If the league mechanic is fun it'll really slow me down, if it's not that good I'll be quicker

Soldato
PS What does everyone do with all the old gear in left stash tabs I feel like I want to clesr everything out but that seems kind of stupid? I've got loads of remove only tabs stuffed with items.

I like merging some tabs like currency, essences, fragments etc. Loot tabs, quads etc no chance, might skim them and put good items in to a single tab. Maps, I'll try and keep a stock of a few maps of each type and ignore the rest. Basically setup standard ready for testing. But if you've played for a long time and have a bunch of tabs it's probably impossible to do even this stuff

Soldato
I like merging some tabs like currency, essences, fragments etc. Loot tabs, quads etc no chance, might skim them and put good items in to a single tab. Maps, I'll try and keep a stock of a few maps of each type and ignore the rest. Basically setup standard ready for testing. But if you've played for a long time and have a bunch of tabs it's probably impossible to do even this stuff

Yup this is basically what I do, tested 3 league starters this way past week. (bane, skelly mages and ea totems). I dread to imagine how long it would take to organise it all, I been playing since beta (and still suck lol) :S

Soldato
Pet Northerner
Don
Some of Mathils look fun if the normal ones don't tempt you. Think I'll try one after first char

my problem is I have kind of a buyers remorse before I even try anything.

Down to three:

EA
Poison
DD

Will probably go for DD as it's too busted atm from what I read.

Soldato
I'm going with somthing I already know how to play/build - Lightning Strike Raider. I'm going to play a Bane Occultist later on though I think.

I've got Ziz's DD Necro, Pohx's'S RF, LOLCOHOL + ESORO LSR, Sub's Bane Occultist, and another Ziz build EA Champ - ready to go in POB.

1st proper league for me, never gone for any achievements or anything, most maps I've got done on the atlas was about 40.

Back
Top Bottom