Path of Exile(diablo clone)

Soldato
Definitely not going to start the league right away - i'm going to wait and make sure it's not another 3.18 Sentinel type debacle. IIRC Sentinel (boring, time consuming, inventory management trash) isn't going core which is good. It doesn't look like the genral consensus of opinion towards 3.19 is very positive.

Soldato
I'd say the opposite, the cookie cutter meta builds are dead finally, I hope they add some cool new stuff.

heh, it'll probably be another seismic trap league for a lot of people, wasn't nerfed enough compared to some other stuff
spectral helix will still be super strong for levelling, just end game brittle crit hit there

Soldato
heh, it'll probably be another seismic trap league for a lot of people, wasn't nerfed enough compared to some other stuff
spectral helix will still be super strong for levelling, just end game brittle crit hit there

That greatly depends on how much of an impact the skill effect duration and cooldown recovery rate changes will impact seismic trap, from the wording in the manifesto, it looks like seismic is being bought down a few notches and flame thrower trap and lightning spire trap are being buffed slightly.

Seismic is losing 30% duration/30% cooldown recovery at a minimum, which may well still make it viable for some scenarios but ultimately mean it should still be a decent single target skill for physical damage/dot damage builds, while also bringing the fire/light traps up to a similar level for elemental damage.

Soldato
mm just have to see how it plays out, it just looks like such a mixed bag of changes. Tbh expecting a lot of rip clips from those 4 buffed archnem mobs running around with player power and defences taking yet another hit

Associate
Some interesting changes this league then. Divine orbs being the new ex maybe? Harvest looks good!
The changes won't make divine orbs the go to currency, the only way that would happen is if the make ex drop rates more regular, all this is going to do is make divine orbs more expensive. Ex will again still be the go to currency.

They have not gone far enough if they wanted ex to be more available, it's a half arsed change.

Soldato
Ex will drop as it will no longer be a requirement for high end crafting where hundreds/thousands of Ex is used for metacrafting.

Within the first week you'll see Divines sky rocket as they become necessary for crafting end game items, Ex will be used for the occasional guaranteed slam, besides that it will be harvest crafting or essences.

Soldato
The changes won't make divine orbs the go to currency, the only way that would happen is if the make ex drop rates more regular, all this is going to do is make divine orbs more expensive. Ex will again still be the go to currency.

They have not gone far enough if they wanted ex to be more available, it's a half arsed change.

Grimro begs to differ :p

Soldato
Grimro is absolutely right; the Exalted Orb and Divine Orb prices are going to, at the bare minimum, switch around, with Divine Orbs very likely pushing past what Exalted Orbs would usually cost, especially in the next league until the market stabilizes (they've already seen a 700%~ price increase on Standard).

The removal of the Divine Orb vendor recipe is huge and that change alone would have catapulted Divine Orb prices because they were always tied to the cost of the cheapest vendor-trash 6-link. GGG also removing pseudo-Divine Orb's from Betrayal and Bestiary is going to further increase the price. I just hope that the harvest craft is still going to be in the game as pretty much no-one is going to use Divine Orb's to re-roll stats as it'd be too costly unless the item you're rolling is already very expensive.

Soldato
The thing is the only way to get divines now are either an actual drop or a div card, drops were always rare, and the div cards will be either extremely RNG or incredibly rare. There are no divine shards so harbinger farming isn't going to help. Exalts on the other hand have drops, multiple div cards including some less rare ones (brother's stash gives 5ex etc) and of course mirror shards from harbinger.

Without the 6 link vendor recipe divines will be very hard to come by in 3.19 unless your extremely lucky.

Soldato
Without the 6 link vendor recipe divines will be very hard to come by in 3.19 unless your extremely lucky.

Definitely. Even with Card drops there's 7 Divination Card sets that reward Exalted Orb's but only 1 set that gives Divine Orb's. You can't get Divine's from Gilded Fossil's either.

People will be entirely limited to naturally dropped Divine Orb's, which isn't going to be many across a full league (because let's face it, no-one is farming The Sephirot set :p)

Soldato
Definitely. Even with Card drops there's 7 Divination Card sets that reward Exalted Orb's but only 1 set that gives Divine Orb's. You can't get Divine's from Gilded Fossil's either.

People will be entirely limited to naturally dropped Divine Orb's, which isn't going to be many across a full league (because let's face it, no-one is farming The Sephirot set :p)

Think I had about 2-3 in sentinel but I did stop after the first couple weeks.

Associate
I'm not sold on the league mechanic yet, but I'll just have to see how it plays out at launch as they are always pretty hard to gauge from the trailers. Some of the changes do look pretty interesting, rare monsters, harvest, beyond etc.

A lot of the uniques seem a bit more useful too, levelling should be even easier now as some of them are now bonkers at low level.

The removal of the mana reservation stuff is a bit of a kick in the nuts, seems very counter intuitive to why they changed the whole system around that previously?

The Divine/Exalt changes are hard to gauge as well, I'll probably just rely on good old chaos farming for the beginning to see how things pan out.

I've no idea what I'm going to play at launch, nor what I'm going to pick on the atlas tree.

Soldato
going to pick two starter builds, 1 meta and 1 non-meta and see how it goes
- hexblast (Paac)
- bladestorm / rage vortex (kinda Alk/Fizecs)

last one is really fun to play through campaign in testing, build and dump rage. Can swap bladestorm with sunder pretty much with no changes in to maps to play with both skills

Soldato
I'm either going Jugg or Trickster.

Jugg for the thickness or trickster for the lolz.

Those new rage gloves are gonna be insane for rage vortex, specially as you gear up and want max rage regeneration.

Associate
I think I'm going to revert to the good old bane build, but dabble into Soulrend to see how good the damage increase feels.

Some of the cast while channelling variations look pretty smooth, not decided on trickster or occultist yet though.

Back
Top Bottom