Path of Exile(diablo clone)

Soldato
yeah deffo level a lighting conduit up and have a play, feels a bit busted and will probably get 'balanced' next league
think there's something wrong with me, just levelling 3rd char up... Goratha's spark inq, feels amazing to level, super smooth
so will have 3 chars in white maps ready to go if they manage to patch this league to be worth playing further

Basically doing the same, got two characters at 80 ish and I'll probably do another while I wait for fixes. Banking all my lake's as they are pointless running. Mostly just running Heist.

Soldato
GGG just aren't listening, they've gone full Blizzard and are now refusing to make the game the players want to play, and are now just making the game they want. Math did a very good video amongst many others.

If they won't listen to every single major CC and the huge majority of the player-base who are they going to listen to?

It's simple, make a fun and rewarding loot game, with some challenge and reasonable difficulty curve, making crafting deterministic but with some RNG baked in, make items players want to chase, make achievements they want to reach. But no, let's have AN mods on every part of the game, nerf everything and crush loot and crafting into the ground.

The balance in this game is now non-existent.

Soldato
It's good that GGG are not backing down, they are making the game how they want to not how some pimple faced reddit cry baby wants.

If your not happy go play another ARPG instead. Oh wait there aren't any that are even remotely close to PoE yet.

Look at recent D4 footage, its slow paced and visceral, that is how they want PoE to be, not some zoom fest meta of screen clearing from a mile away.

Soldato
GGG shot themselves in the foot for having too much power creep in the last 7 leagues or so and now they are scaling it back to a degree that's upsetting players. I get what they are trying to do it, but they are doing it too fast.

Soldato
It's good that GGG are not backing down, they are making the game how they want to not how some pimple faced reddit cry baby wants.

If your not happy go play another ARPG instead. Oh wait there aren't any that are even remotely close to PoE yet.

Look at recent D4 footage, its slow paced and visceral, that is how they want PoE to be, not some zoom fest meta of screen clearing from a mile away.

People are quitting and playing something else, are you upset that people are quitting and posting their opinion on the internet?

Associate
I think there's a few things going on behind the scenes, I have no doubt in my mind that a lot of the changes they're testing/implementing are to prepare us for POE 2 when it eventually arrives. It's probably such a different game to how POE 1 is that there is a bit of a panic as to whether we will even take to it.

The worry for me is how everything in the game seems to have fallen over to some extent on the back of basic, albeit very important changes to the loot numbers. Archnemesis rares haven't been right really since they were brought in a few leagues ago, I like the idea on paper but there's too many situations where the balance is completely broken. Which makes me wonder how much of a double edged sword they might have been building over the years, the amount of things going core and the wealth of content just keeps growing (which is nice), but at the same time the complexities of everything being balanced and working together must be crazy to manage at this stage.

Soldato
tbh I'd like a slower game with more meaningful gameplay and interaction but the game needs to be balanced around that at it's core. Love games which have proper footsies similar to fighting games, just no idea how they will achieve this in POE 1 with the state of enemy buffs and enemy AI. Most builds are just kill before being killed in zerg warfare

Completed full run though of Grim Dawn a couple of weeks ago and it was great, will play a different build in to expert soon. Last Epoch, think most are now waiting for patch 0.9 or maybe 1.0 before getting back in to it which makes sense in it's state of development.

Honestly expect a few to pick up D3 for the weekend league launch, always fun for a few days

Associate

D4 gameplay dont have the super special super good archnemesis mods GGG are so proud off that make gameplay so bad that diablo4 will run them over.
That alongside various visibility issues is killing poe atm

Soldato

Oh this old chestnut of a non-argument "If you don't like it blah blah blah"...

People want the game to be fun and rewarding, Wilson wants a overly grindy salt-mine experience. It also doesn't matter that you don't want a meta-fest, every game has a meta these days, it also doesnlt help that GGG keeps nerfing everything making so many builds not viable.

Diablo? Now we're supposed to think apeing an inferior and simplistic game is the way to go?

Soldato
D4 gameplay dont have the super special super good archnemesis mods GGG are so proud off that make gameplay so bad that diablo4 will run them over.
That alongside various visibility issues is killing poe atm

Archnemesis mods, literally the worst idea since Olaf the Hairy ordered 10,000 battle helmets with the horns on the inside.

Classic example of throwing **** at the wall and hoping for the best, terrible concept, poorly executed and not tested at all.

Soldato
the numbers thing is just stupid, the we'll reduce health by 25% crap. It just affects the lower and average mobs out there which are fine to kill right now.
they just need to add in extra metadata on each mob type in the game so along with their base health amount there's a max value, do this for all attributes like res, DR, movement speed. Then they can go as crazy as they like with the amount of archnem mods on a mob but it'll still stay reasonable to kill

Soldato
Oh this old chestnut of a non-argument "If you don't like it blah blah blah"...

People want the game to be fun and rewarding, Wilson wants a overly grindy salt-mine experience. It also doesn't matter that you don't want a meta-fest, every game has a meta these days, it also doesnlt help that GGG keeps nerfing everything making so many builds not viable.

Diablo? Now we're supposed to think apeing an inferior and simplistic game is the way to go?

The majority of the player base are still having fun and finding it perfectly fine/rewarding. The fact the top 1% of map juicers or streamers are up in arms because they can't spit out hundreds of exalts/divines per second through party farming is not relevant to rest of the player base. The only impact from them all quitting is the availability of bases and some high end uniques might just take a little longer to appear on the market.

Did GGG miss the boat a little yes absolutely, but did it justify the backlash they have been getting, I don't think it did. Fact of the matter is every league has its problems and every single league gets fixed within the first week or two. If you care so much about the problems, don't play at league start, wait a week or two, or will the fomo be worth the issues you may encounter.

Soldato
The majority of the player base are still having fun and finding it perfectly fine/rewarding. The fact the top 1% of map juicers or streamers are up in arms because they can't spit out hundreds of exalts/divines per second through party farming is not relevant to rest of the player base. The only impact from them all quitting is the availability of bases and some high end uniques might just take a little longer to appear on the market.

Did GGG miss the boat a little yes absolutely, but did it justify the backlash they have been getting, I don't think it did. Fact of the matter is every league has its problems and every single league gets fixed within the first week or two. If you care so much about the problems, don't play at league start, wait a week or two, or will the fomo be worth the issues you may encounter.

Are they? It doesn't sound like it, loot is definitely down by a mile. It's not only the top 1% noticing that, this isn't a problem isolated to streamers and the uber-juicers.

I think the criticism (it's not a backlash) is totally justified, they are losing their way, they haven't got a clue what to do IMO, they have lost control of balance and loot and the AN system which they are clinging to is just terrible, an arrogant studio trebling down on bad systems and bad ideas, that add abcolutely nothing to the game. Harvest crafting? damn they're having fun with it, let's nerf the hell out of it...MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! - instead here's Lake of Kalandra another insipid, uninspiring, low-effort, unrewarding waste of time...

"Missed the boat a little" - Understatement of the century...

Don't tell me when to play the league just because you take criticism of a game personally.

PS - It's not all about "fixing" the league, it is about the direction the game is heading, and has been heading for a while, the "vision" of the uber-hubristic CW, and another example of a game dev/publisher telling players they're enjoying the game wrong - and they know better than we do how we should enjoy the game a'la Blizzard. They're not listening, they're actively lying about changes made, and they're obfuscating information behind generalisms...

You can try and pass it off a "streamer priveledge" all you like but that's just not the case, this has been brewing for a while...

Soldato
The majority of the player base are still having fun and finding it perfectly fine/rewarding

steam player counts are showing around 50% player drop already so you can't really say the majority find it good. Currently it's the worst performing league to date numbers wise but the weekend will be the big tell

Soldato
The steam player count always drops by approx 50% in the first week though, that's also not true about it being the worst performing league, that would have been sentinel which had a peak of 130k, prior leagues were 150k, 158k. Kalandra peaked at 152k. I'm not denying that GGG messed up, I just think the over reaction from the reddit brigade wasn't justified, we will see what they have to say about this launch some time today when they release a statement.

Back
Top Bottom