Path of Exile(diablo clone)

Associate
Enjoying my build in mid tier maps, changes to the Atlas passives seem to be working well so far too. I'm a bit squishy but still feel like some of the rares can be randomly over tuned, it's the usual case of speeding through the map and suddenly being hit with a roadblock that requires me to stop for way too long for little/no reward. Or, I'm speeding through before being one tapped without the foggiest idea of what even happened.

I think the league mechanic is absolutely pants this time around, I'm already at the point of questioning whether I can be bothered to even try to farm some currency for upgrades. I'll probably give it another night or two and see where I'm at.

Soldato
what build are you playing? the league mechanic is really build sensitive this time, some are way easier than others

I've still got to finish some atlas progression, on to T14s now pretty comfy with ice trap sabo. Tried a few other builds but stuck with this one.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Boneshatter Jugg is doing well enough. Cleared all of T16 nps, EoW and Exarch took a lot of nibbling down (felt like Quinn zdps). That was with a 450dps axe, just bought a 750dps upgrade for 2d. Should definitely help, if I cba which I'm finding motivation difficult for now. I also got a spark inq to 84 but not feeling any desire to gear it.

I like the league mech, there's knowledge to acquire to it and a nice learning curve. But I absolutely hate being tied to mapping to run it. It's like Delve, but 10x worse. At least with Delve you can build up a nice pool of playtime.

Part of my burnout is that I played a little too much last league. RF I played for around 10 weeks. After that I decided to bounce numerous chars off the hardcore brick wall until one stuck, to get the hc 90 + uber lab achievements.

Today I finished off the remaining achievement and very happy to add PoE to my perfect game list :D

liWwb2m.png

Last edited:
Associate
Boneshatter Jugg is doing well enough. Cleared all of T16 nps, EoW and Exarch took a lot of nibbling down (felt like Quinn zdps). That was with a 450dps axe, just bought a 750dps upgrade for 2d. Should definitely help, if I cba which I'm finding motivation difficult for now. I also got a spark inq to 84 but not feeling any desire to gear it.

I like the league mech, there's knowledge to acquire to it and a nice learning curve. But I absolutely hate being tied to mapping to run it. It's like Delve, but 10x worse. At least with Delve you can build up a nice pool of playtime.

Part of my burnout is that I played a little too much last league. RF I played for around 10 weeks. After that I decided to bounce numerous chars off the hardcore brick wall until one stuck, to get the hc 90 + uber lab achievements.

Today I finished off the remaining achievement and very happy to add PoE to my perfect game list :D

liWwb2m.png
While I dont do such I can admire people having the stamina and endurance for going the distance.
Next year with 2 major game releases with poe2 and diablo 4 gonna be wild
time to start over then mate :D

D3K

D3K

Soldato
While I dont do such I can admire people having the stamina and endurance for going the distance.
Next year with 2 major game releases with poe2 and diablo 4 gonna be wild
time to start over then mate :D
Challenge accepted :cool:
It was actually PoE 2 on the horizon that encouraged me to get them done. I had about 95/127 near the end of last league, and most of them were academic to get except the HC ones. Planned to do it sometime next year, but then saw Goratha get his jugg to 100 in the Mayhem HC race. Thought if he can do it with +40% mob damage then there was a good chance I could do it in Standard HC. Decided to use his build before Chris and his vision tore the game up into something that made it less feasible. I will not be running HC ever again in PoE 1 tho.... stress factor 10.

Hopefully POE2 will be good, definitely looking at D4 too.

I think D4 will take a bit of time to ramp up in its end game. Room for both til that happens. Be interesting to see how they fare against each other in the long run. Hopefully they will have staggered league/seasons.

Last edited:
Associate
Challenge accepted :cool:
It was actually PoE 2 on the horizon that encouraged me to get them done. I had about 95/127 near the end of last league, and most of them were academic to get except the HC ones. Planned to do it sometime next year, but then saw Goratha get his jugg to 100 in the Mayhem HC race. Thought if he can do it with +40% mob damage then there was a good chance I could do it in Standard HC. Decided to use his build before Chris and his vision tore the game up into something that made it less feasible. I will not be running HC ever again in PoE 1 tho.... stress factor 10.

I think D4 will take a bit of time to ramp up in its end game. Room for both til that happens. Be interesting to see how they fare against each other in the long run. Hopefully they will have staggered league/seasons.
Yeh absolutely, looking forward to giving both a go. Like you say hopefully they stagger the league/seasons and that should keep the playerbases happy too.

Associate
I must admit I have had a blast this league. Pretty much finished all maps, a few to go and done two of the main bosses already. Probably helped that I got a mageblood div card drop work 60 Divination Orbs that's helped me a lot to buy the gear I needed.

Using Poison Seismic Trap Saboteur

Soldato
yeah the league has been great, still plugging away at it, just playing sporadically really. Core game / atlas etc all feel really good. The sanctum is pretty fun but fairly build dependent. Pushed ice trap sabo first and it cleared reds on a shoe string budget, then rolled ea ele for better Sanctums

Soldato
Awesome league. league started cold dot, made enough for Poison SRS which absolutely kicks butt but I'm now itching to play a new toon, I just don't know what yet :)

oh god I've made 8 chars so far but only 2 pushed in to 90's. Currently playing with a version of Ben's Guardian SRS build. Been fun so far and more active than a lot of the other builds

tbh hope this is a long league as there's so many builds to try

Last edited:
Associate
I've been playing sporadically, I league started as an EK ignite build, found it to be really squishy and the popularity made upgrades pretty expensive.

I then started a bane character, but mid levelling switched over to impending doom. It's actually pretty fun to play, pretty tanky, pops are satisfying, the damage just feels pretty tough to scale on the poison version though. I've seen some videos of other variations where the damage at high investment looks to be very nice. I've put it on the bench for now but I'd probably short list it for a league start next time.

I then re-specced the EK ignite character to a Herald of thunder autobomber for a bit of fun, way too squishy but made farming that bit quicker.

I'm now on a flicker strike raider for the lulz, starting to ramp the damage up with upgrades but still a way to go yet. I've maxed out the breach and abyss nodes on the tree and in some maps when you you get a clean run it's ridiculous how good it feels with all the added density, magic/rare monsters and experience modifiers.

Nothing has really been great for the league content so far, I'm hoping once the damage is up I might just be able to steam roll through it all though.

Back
Top Bottom