Path of Exile(diablo clone)

Soldato
There's speculation Crucible could be a boss league with new pinnacle bosses leading to PoE2. Considering the timing of ExileCon 2 and the fact the next league is due in August. I wouldn't be surprised if it was either PoE2 itself, or at the very least the league in August is the beta for poe2 with its official launch at the end of the year, this would allow them to focus resources after Crucible into finishing poe2 rather than working on a new league mechanic for August.

I say this as Chris Wilson did state on multiple occasions that they wanted to release PoE2 before D4, as that is not going to happen, they will want it out this year at least but not too close to the launch of D4 which August is not. Is it pure copium. Sure but one can dream :)

Last edited:
Associate
There's speculation Crucible could be a boss league with new pinnacle bosses leading to PoE2. Considering the timing of ExileCon 2 and the fact the next league is due in August. I wouldn't be surprised if it was either PoE2 itself, or at the very least the league in August is the beta for poe2 with its official launch at the end of the year, this would allow them to focus resources after Crucible into finishing poe2 rather than working on a new league mechanic for August.

I say this as Chris Wilson did state on multiple occasions that they wanted to release PoE2 before D4, as that is not going to happen, they will want it out this year at least but not too close to the launch of D4 which August is not. Is it pure copium. Sure but one can dream :)
yea they need to out poe2 a good way so likely some poe2 news will start to happen soon

Soldato

Just in case anyone is interested, the Path of Exile stream is starting in a few minutes going over the league reveal.

Soldato
ah POE, loving some of the drama and controversy around this one :cry:

levelling shakeup looks good to make the exilecon race event a bit more fresh, they only have a few months to work out new strats basically

race in ruthless is hilarious, realistically if it stuck in HCSSF there where maybe 5-6 players who could get a top 3 and we know who would get 1st and 2nd. Now it's in ruthless maybe new competitors winning and less stigma for the rest not having to try to win by sticking in HCSSF. Also it could allow slower players in non-ruthless to keep up with the race leaders as they have such a large handicap in ruthless which could be way more engaging and fun

bet there's some absolutely busted endgame builds with some of the changes

D3K

D3K

Soldato
I need to watch the reveal again. Trying to understand the details of content is pretty hard when you've had a work night out session in the pub. :D

But main feeling is this is gonna be too op to make it into standard.

Soldato
ah POE, loving some of the drama and controversy around this one :cry:

levelling shakeup looks good to make the exilecon race event a bit more fresh, they only have a few months to work out new strats basically

race in ruthless is hilarious, realistically if it stuck in HCSSF there where maybe 5-6 players who could get a top 3 and we know who would get 1st and 2nd. Now it's in ruthless maybe new competitors winning and less stigma for the rest not having to try to win by sticking in HCSSF. Also it could allow slower players in non-ruthless to keep up with the race leaders as they have such a large handicap in ruthless which could be way more engaging and fun

bet there's some absolutely busted endgame builds with some of the changes

Having the race in HCSSF Ruthless is really silly. There are very few players who can beat that challenge and out of those players there's maybe 5 people who have a realistic shout at winning it. Unfortunately they often do that though for the season grand challenge. It's often put in HCSSF and you must no-life the game to even have a chance at winning. They might as well just do an invitational event and invite the same 20 people every season (such as Carn, Ben, imexile, Ziz, Alk, Havoc, Kripp, Steelmage, Manni, Tie23he if he still played, etc.) because realistically no-one else is getting a look in - might even be more fun to watch.

Otherwise though, I think the league mechanic seems really interesting. I've not gone through all the patch notes yet though.

Last edited:
Soldato
yeah things like boss kill events on launch are really just for 10 players who also stream, it helps attract some attention but for everyone else it's a total non-issue. Maybe slightly less hype and excitement if you have a stream open while playing the first weekend. It could be really funny if no-one enters :cry:

Associate
Having the race in HCSSF Ruthless is really silly. There are very few players who can beat that challenge and out of those players there's maybe 5 people who have a realistic shout at winning it. Unfortunately they often do that though for the season grand challenge. It's often put in HCSSF and you must no-life the game to even have a chance at winning. They might as well just do an invitational event and invite the same 20 people every season (such as Carn, Ben, imexile, Ziz, Alk, Havoc, Kripp, Steelmage, Manni, Tie23he if he still played, etc.) because realistically no-one else is getting a look in - might even be more fun to watch.

Otherwise though, I think the league mechanic seems really interesting. I've not gone through all the patch notes yet though.

Takes a month give or take in ruthless, 400-700 hours or so.
Its the true poe experience to master the slow and tedious grinding with no fun.

Soldato
really hope one of the new vaal bow skills is good, just doing a quick level test with lighting arrow and it's really fun to use. If the Bow item tree or something else can just bump up the single target a bit could be interesting

D3K

D3K

Soldato
TR PF was always a popular league start choice, looks like it's going off the scale for 3.21. The life regen potential is bonkers. Palsteron did some napkin maths and showed you can achieve 2k/s with low investment.

Last edited:
Soldato
yeah was testing TR/CA PF yesterday, just up to act 8 and it's pretty smooth, just a bit slower than a top levelling build. Not sure how it'll feel in maps though when it drops CA as CA feels much nicer than TR for map clear

Soldato

D3K

D3K

Soldato
So what are people going with for their league starters? I'm still working on mine

TR PF. First time I'm running the most popular meta. Ziz is running it but I'm gonna follow Palsteron's build.

I will probably try von viktons ice spear / freezing pulse as a secondary for boss killing.

Soldato
fire trap - frostblink, it's really fun to play once frostblink can start to clear packs about act4+. Or maybe boneshatter jug, just love the feel of ignoring most of the bosses after first lab kicks in :p

Hoping someone figures out some fun vaal skills builds without needing nuts equipment for 2nd char

Back
Top Bottom