Path of Exile(diablo clone)

Soldato
currently on the list to start with
- spark inquisitor (fast up to yellows then needs a bit of gear for reds)
- cold dot (most likely nuked next league so play now if you want to try it)
- hydrosphere occultist (left field choice, might be fun but not the fastest)

I've already played a lot of the other starters, they are all strong but want to try something new

Associate
The Hydrosphere Occu popped up on my PoE Discord and definitely looks fun for an off-meta pick and can go far...eventually, a badge and double VB's is hardly league start though so no Ubers out the gate.

Most of the people I play with are going with pretty safe bets though. Poison Seismic/Bane/Venom Gyre/Spark Inq/Explosive Trap/PoCo I think are the main ones I've seen bandied around.

I'll be playing PoB fixer once again for all the people trying to play CoC builds without looking in to how to play them as I'm playing other stuff for a few months. Maybe organise my standard stash a bit, added a couple more fun corrupts from end of league Gambas(Hateforge and another Mageblood).

Associate
Not done Spark Inq personally but know people who've taken it pretty far(at least to UE/Maven)using Goratha's league start build then either gone ham with it or gone to self-chill from there once you've got a Call to the Void. Think the only pain with Self-Chill is if you've got the 'Cannot be Chilled' from Brine King you can't run it so that's something to keep in mind.

Spark itself is just a monster for stuff like invitation rotas though as the Maven's Crucible is just so setup for it, load up and make everything disappear immediately even with HoH/Captivated on. Know a guildmate was doing Formed rotas with it and just insta-clearing them no matter the rolls.

Last edited:
Soldato
yeah it feels really good for levelling in a quick test last night. Just testing the hydro build, about to swap over. Initial impression is the build is way slower through acts 1-3, no good movement on witch and creeping frost vs spark

Associate
Always been a stan for HFT and Flamewall for early levelling Spellcasters, first three acts best time is around 80 minutes(when I was practising) on a witch. Drop and run, just pray the layouts are good so you can run fast(and vendor for movespeed boots in A2).

Associate
So far it seems like they've taken a lot of the Sentinel mods and added them to the Sanctified relics. So far seen +1 Max Power Charges and 1-4 Lightning Damage per 10 Int, both ridiculously powerful mods.

Loving that they've made them account bound/deleted at end of league. Hopefully gonna see some cool build expansion built out of them as they don't need to balance them coming out of Sanctum.

Soldato
took the hydro through to early white maps and it was really fun and unique. When it starts to crit (30% at that level of char/gear) it's just a ball of aoe freezing hell. Large herald of ice pops on frozen mobs clears most of the screen. Bossing was pretty good as everything is chilled and slowed

not gonna redefine the meta but deffo not bait either

Gonna start as Spark inquis from Goratha, then play with Hydro as a 2nd or 3rd char

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom