Path of Exile(diablo clone)

Associate
And that's me done I think, I've been playing a corrupting fever tornado shot build that was super fun to clear maps with apart from the random unreactable deaths to AN mobs here and there. I just spent about 15-20 minutes killing a single Metamorph that had the Solaris Touched mod, in a juiced map. 5 portals used, absolute hell to kill.

My reward was 4 Alchemy orbs, it topped off my 8 splinters from the 3 breaches I had very nicely :rolleyes:

That was followed swiftly by a red monster that killed me in a blink in the next map. Time for a break away it would seem, I still have the itch to keep playing but it's time wasted at this stage, luckily the news of the Grim Dawn community season has peaked my interest so I'll focus my time there instead.

Soldato
if it's any use as a POE support chat :cry: I've been having loads of fun playing other games, kinda thinking it's not that healthy to play every league, lot of time commitment.

finally got around to playing last of us part 1 and it's absolutely amazing, really doesn't feel like a PS3 game

Associate
And that's me done I think, I've been playing a corrupting fever tornado shot build that was super fun to clear maps with apart from the random unreactable deaths to AN mobs here and there. I just spent about 15-20 minutes killing a single Metamorph that had the Solaris Touched mod, in a juiced map. 5 portals used, absolute hell to kill.

My reward was 4 Alchemy orbs, it topped off my 8 splinters from the 3 breaches I had very nicely :rolleyes:

That was followed swiftly by a red monster that killed me in a blink in the next map. Time for a break away it would seem, I still have the itch to keep playing but it's time wasted at this stage, luckily the news of the Grim Dawn community season has peaked my interest so I'll focus my time there instead.

same, grim dawn season 4 for the first time, be fun.

Associate
Thought I would give my view on 3.19 as an on/off player of PoE over the past few years. The last league I put any real effort into was Betrayal but I've dipped into others in between. Not really understanding the current meta I picked a well documented build (Vaal LS Raider) that seemed to have a good mix of map clear and some bossing ability and set to it. The league mechanic is terrible in my opinion, other than the mirror it's just a rehash of other content in a different tileset and at least at the start, the scaling with AN mods was bonkers at higher difficulties. Now my build is largely complete and the nerfs have bedded in most are manageable but it can still be incredibly rippy, and high difficulty metamorphs for example I just avoid and put them in lower tiles. I keep filling the mirrors out on the offchance I hit a tradable mirror as they are worth decent money.

League mechanic aside, I have actually quite enjoyed playing again and it's given me a chance to play through some content I've not managed before. I completed all 4 voidstones (including a flawless Maven which I was quite chuffed with) and filled out the Atlas completely as well. Sirus I am still working on but seems achievable once I have learned the fight better. I have not attempted the ubers yet and not sure I will in this league. The AN mods can still be quite spiky but are a lot more manageable than at first release. I find the biggest issue with the build I have is in heavily juiced maps the chance of a stun goes up significantly and that tends to result in death. My next task will be to look at what options there are for improving stun avoidance and duration reduction. I've stopped levelling at 95 whilst I worked through some of the harder encounters so I didn't worry too much about exp loss.

Acquiring currency has been acceptable, in that I've found or traded casually for enough to build an end game capable character. There are obviously always better items avaiable and I'm sure I could min/max significantly more but I've never felt frustrated that build enabling items/gems are out of reach. I have found no T0 or even T1 uniques which is unusual for the time invested. This may well be because of the league mechanics I have prioritised (Ritual, Delirium, Incursion) but I like Incursion for the corruption/unique gambling and ritual/delirium do not break up the flow of mapping significantly so I'm comfortable with that.

I can understand why for people who have played all leagues and play in a more hardcore style than I might be frustrated with the changes introduced, but from a reasonably casual standpoint I've not noticed a massive difference in general gameplay although I did prefer the pre-AN rares since they were more predictable. The switch from Exalts to Divines as the main premium trading currency has probably been a net improvement to me since I don't craft much and not worring about exalt slamming has been a nice change of pace.

I'll be interested to see what 3.20 brings and hope it encourages some people back, because I think at the core there is still a game with an incredible amount of depth that benefits from having people really dissect and understand it. Whilst I played a lot more Diablo 3 back in the day, ultimately it was very easy to understand and operate at max efficiency without a huge amount of time investment, but the end result was it was quite shallow and the end game grew stale rather quickly.

Soldato
I don't think they're going to admit they were wrong and go back to the game as it used to be unforuntely they seem hell-bent on AN, less fun, more grind, and more RNG.

If that's the case I'm done.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
3.20 Forbidden Sanctum

Trailer

Content

Mechanic is basically a roguelite... lite.

ArchNemesis is out.

Major changes to curses, jewels, altars.

Not a lot of skill nerfs, and many of those that were nerfed were deserved (spectral helix, lightning conduit)

I'm in.

Last edited:
Associate
3.20 Forbidden Sanctum

Trailer

Content

Mechanic is basically a roguelite... lite.

ArchNemesis is out.

Major changes to curses, jewels, altars.

Not a lot of skill nerfs, and many of those that were nerfed were deserved (spectral helix, lightning conduit)

I'm in.
seems decent enough.
curse change seems great

Soldato
I just want to be able to play a fun game again. Just catching up, obviously the early news that AN was gone was most welcome. The mechanic looks a massive improvement on LOK. So that's already 2-0 v the last league.

Have they listened? Surely they don't want a repeat of the firestorm they unleashed last time.

Last edited:
Associate
I just want to be able to play a fun game again. Just catching up, obviously the early news that AN was gone was most welcome. The mechanic looks a massive improvement on LOK. So that's already 2-0 v the last league.

Have they listened? Surely they don't want a repeat of the firestorm they unleashed last time.
Overall better due to AN mods change
its likely to be a poison league build one.
sanctum can be fun but the traps and such obstacles can be annoying.
and it be overdone at league start and needing nerfs (I bet)

Soldato
going to wait for some of the league start build guides to see how it looks. There's a few nerfs there with very few buffs again, I'm not sure if the meta has really been changed all that much which could make it another stale league.
AN changes look good though so maybe every build got a buff?
There's a lot of other good games out for the xmas period so doubt player numbers will be great

Last edited:
Soldato
going to wait for some of the league start build guides to see how it looks. There's a few nerfs there with very few buffs again, I'm not sure if the meta has really been changed all that much which could make it another stale league.
There's a lot of other good games out for the xmas period so doubt player numbers will be great

My recent experience is GGG disapointing rather than delivering so we'll have to wait and see I guess. On paper it looks a more promising than recent leagues.

Associate
Path of the Dead Gods!

It looks interesting and the curse changes look a lot of fun. I was always going to be taking a league or two off having pretty much played a year solid of just PoE but I'm not 100% sold on the league mechanic so happy to be sitting this one out. See how it goes.

Associate
at least the gameplay be better without being chased by stuff all the time.

Soldato
Overall better due to AN mods change
its likely to be a poison league build one.
sanctum can be fun but the traps and such obstacles can be annoying.
and it be overdone at league start and needing nerfs (I bet)

Yes, poison definitely looks to be good this league. I love PConc so I might go back to an old reliable, though as I never got to finish playing with Bane as last league was so poor I night give that another go.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
I played a lot of Pconc this league trying to get the HC achievements before switching to Goratha's boneshatter jugg. Pconc is beast mode for league start.

This is interesting. Melee league?

How hard are the Sanctum mechanics for melee builds?​

Your resolve is impacted less by attacks that you're close to, so melee characters can have an easier time.

Soldato
It doesn't sound like Sub is going to play Bane again, so I might skip it and do something else, either what he is doing instead, or a cold Dot build, always solid. To ensure I don't have the usual nightmare of considering 15 builds and also 2-3 different guides for the same skill, I am going to limit myself to just considering what Ziz and his collabs come up with, or what sub plays.

Last edited:
Associate
He's going CA PF as he wants to try out the new Vaal CA interaction to kick off and going from there. Bane is gonna be in a ludicrous spot this league it's reckoned at least for a smooth league start, could make it quite pricey early on for Cane/Chaos DoT gear.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom