Path of Exile(diablo clone)

Associate
I'm going for the fire trap starter posted above as well, I've never played around with traps so it will be something different at least.

The base build looks pretty solid and easy to set up, I've always liked ignite builds as well as they come online very early and make leveling a breeze.

I actually took the Herald of Thunder character I'd leveled last league, swapped out some of the ascendancy nodes for shaper of flames, stuck Fire trap and Frost blink into 3 link each, added Herald of Ash instead of Thunder, then a Berek's respite ring and found it surprisingly effective to say none of the passive tree wasn't even set up for fire damage.

It was basically just Frost blink in, everything nearby explodes, enemies on the edge get ignited & shocked then explode a moment later causing the chain to go on. Might be something for me to experiment with later in the league as a sort of speed clearing Frostblink character.

Associate
List of the datamined crucible passives. Some nutty things in here

usually, the rng combos are not in the players favour.
I am gonna play mainly for the league mechanic and see if some nice good combo can be found to build around.
Not expecting it to tho.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
usually, the rng combos are not in the players favour.
I am gonna play mainly for the league mechanic and see if some nice good combo can be found to build around.
Not expecting it to tho.

The beefy ones will be t5 passives, and they're gonna need a lot of xp. I get the feeling it will be like trying to level a gem from 19 to 20, except you don't have access to constant crucible xp so it will be even slower. That will test the limit of my grinding tolerance :D

Also bex tweeted yesterday that these leaked passives are not final, so don't bank on them. But I can't see too many drastic changes.

Associate
The beefy ones will be t5 passives, and they're gonna need a lot of xp. I get the feeling it will be like trying to level a gem from 19 to 20, except you don't have access to constant crucible xp so it will be even slower. That will test the limit of my grinding tolerance :D

Also bex tweeted yesterday that these leaked passives are not final, so don't bank on them. But I can't see too many drastic changes.
exp is easy to do once you geared up
so you dont die when the crucible mobs hits you so easily ;)
but yea, I fear to much rng and to much grinding to

D3K

D3K

Soldato
I’m bailing on tr ballistas. Mainly because of having to backtrack for loot

Either gonna reroll my boneshatter starter from last league, or find something last minute and flail all through the campaign trying to learn it. As usual

Soldato
can get some disgusting levelling weapons for alts as the nodes don't add level requirements. Using a 3 node bow just now to finish off a lightning arrow deadeye

Soldato
kIQJQNC.png

My league luck continues! Shame I'm on SSF so that card is basically worthless :p but it was nice to hear the "ting".

Ended up going with Boneshatter (again) for a league starter as I couldn't make my mind up with what else to start with. Will see what drops later so I can work out another build. Crucible seems... alright? I guess. It's got some issues though, especially the scaling.

Soldato
I'm doing my usual and trying builds without finishing any...

Boneshatter Jug parked at 87, earnt some currency etc to try others
Lightning arrow deadeye at 84, really fun and good mapper but damage is low
About to start a pathfinder now to try it out

Last edited:
Associate
Progress is slow, playing with a controller is absolutely painful. I have however had a Divine drop in act 5, then a short time ago in act 9 had some betrayal guys spawn in, one of which dropped 3x Divine :eek:

Back
Top Bottom