Path of Exile(diablo clone)

Soldato
I meant act 2 on normal.

You can get it again from "The Siren's Cadence" in Act 1 Cruel though, although it means you don't get Physical Projectile Attack Damage :(.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Quest_Rewards for all quest rewards btw.

You can get PPAD again later on, but you'll have to not choose Faster Attacks/Reduced Mana/Life Leech, if you can wait until Merciless for Faster Attacks/Reduced Mana then you can get LMP and then PPAD from Cruel if picked in that order I think.

Last edited:
Soldato
yep started again on normal with the Scion so can get all the rewards on the way through. changed equipment a bit and she's just ripping everything apart now, just needed a faster sword.

completed the game on normal with a ranger ;)

I've got a spare LMP on my ranger but it's leveled a bit, is there anyway to remove levels from a gem? ranger is using a split/pierce combo.

Last edited:
Soldato
Ah ok :).

Gem + Scouring (in the vendor window) will reduce the level of the gem by 1. I'd just wait though, as you can just rush to do the spider killing quest (Weaver, dunno quest name) and get LMP.

BTW Split won't work on Spec Throw (noticed you mentioned it earlier about not having a gem yet), it only works on projectiles that don't pierce.

For spec throw you just want stuff like LMP/Faster Attacks/PPAD/Added Fire/Weapon Elemental (if you are using an elemental weapon, or have added fire already linked) :).

I love Faster Projectiles with Spec Throw too, kills everything off screen while you kill the stuff near you, so you can just run forward and collect loot :D.

Don't forget to pick up a Hatred gem when you can and start leveling it, even if you can't afford the mana right away to run it it's a huge dps increase when you can :).

Soldato
Blood magic gem, yes. Blood magic skill point, no.

Running auras and using a gem slot for blood magic is better than no auras and an extra gem slot :).

On phone so can't check skill tree.

Soldato
Anyone done any of the PvP in this game? Is there any specific rewards of doing so? Can you lose equipment? Or is it just a bit of fun for bragging rights?
I got challenged by a party of 4 yesterday but hit no as I had no idea what to expect, even though they were all lower level than me :p

Associate
Blood magic gem, yes. Blood magic skill point, no.

Running auras and using a gem slot for blood magic is better than no auras and an extra gem slot :).

On phone so can't check skill tree.

not entirely true.

currently lvling a 2h infernal blow marauder went for Blood magic while lvling as mana problems would most likely occur. way faster with blood magic and i have no need for auras as i already sit at 2k dps @lbvl 50 :D

Associate
Got hooked on this the last couple of days, been playing hardcore and leveling a shadow bow build and leapslam maurder build.
I am really looking forward to grinding the maps.

^wow 2k dps! i'm at 280dps at level 40 : /

Associate
Got hooked on this the last couple of days, been playing hardcore and leveling a shadow bow build and leapslam maurder build.
I am really looking forward to grinding the maps.

^wow 2k dps! i'm at 280dps at level 40 : /

Some melee builds are a bit overpowered right now with the right gear and spec.

Also the tooltip dps figure is usually wrong but it gives you a nice ballpark figure to see where your character is at.

Redone my old cleave build to now use harbinger of pain with dual strike 16k dps with my low lvl gems at the moment :cool:

Soldato
Is anyone else finding this barely playable the last few days? I'm getting so much packetloss/rubberbanding that it's becoming massively frustrating to kill normal mobs sometimes. I've just died 3-4 times in 5 minutes as my attacks keep not working and I keep randomly teleporting all over the place. :mad:

Soldato
Is anyone else finding this barely playable the last few days? I'm getting so much packetloss/rubberbanding that it's becoming massively frustrating to kill normal mobs sometimes. I've just died 3-4 times in 5 minutes as my attacks keep not working and I keep randomly teleporting all over the place. :mad:

i went back to this after along break thinking ubberbanding would be fixed by now but seems worse than ever , think ill stick with D3 although been getting 3007 error's allot ive noticed ;)

Caporegime
This is my main game at the moment but since a 350mb patch lastnight NZ time, 30/01/14 now.

Im suffering from random CTDs. Luckily you dont die lvl 85 now and its getting boring/slow but its making map progression impossible and grouping tedious and annoying.

meh looks like im not alone

Last edited:
Associate
Damnit - My Nemesis char got moved to HC when the league ended. Spent 25 mins shifting stuff around in stash tabs then went to take on Dominus KNOWING it was a bad idea.

Minions - easy
Miscreations - easy
Dominus himself - tricky but doable

wait, what's this? Some sort of glowing port aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa bam dead.

That's 14 hours I won't get back. :( Ah well, onto the next character.

Associate
Anyone else returned to play the new mini expansion? Love the strongboxes, I hope they move them to HC league at somepoint.

Found my first random Vaal zone last night, and got Vaal Ground Slam. Still hunting for my first Vaal orb, hoping to use one and get a nice lvl 27 Incinerate or something :)

Anywho, I've booked Monday off work to play, so if someone wants to team up over the weekend, drop me your game name!

Back
Top Bottom