*** PC Gaming - Daily Deals Thread ***

I'm really tempted to get the 1st Splinter Cell as it's a classic but I downloaded the demo a while back and the resolution settings were really low and the shadows didn't work what so ever. Has this been fixed in the Steam version or is there any way of manually fixing this?

Better than that, you can get 3 games for £10.

http://www.zavvi.com/offers/games-3-for-10.list

BTW, weren't Splinter Cell game on sale like a month ago?

Last edited:
I'm really tempted to get the 1st Splinter Cell as it's a classic but I downloaded the demo a while back and the resolution settings were really low and the shadows didn't work what so ever. Has this been fixed in the Steam version or is there any way of manually fixing this?

I played through the first one on Steam just fine at 1920x1200 res by editing the config file it worked.The shadows also worked too.

Sycco, would you be able to take a screen shot for me please? I've re-downloaded the demo again and managed to set the resolution in the config file but the shadows still don't work for me. Is this an ATi issue?

Sycco, would you be able to take a screen shot for me please? I've re-downloaded the demo again and managed to set the resolution in the config file but the shadows still don't work for me. Is this an ATi issue?

I'll re-install and take one.

Anyone played Hawx 1+2? is End War any good aswell?

Wondering about HAWX 2, worth it for ten quid? I half enjoyed the first one, good graphics but pretty monotonous and lacklustre gameplay for the most part, and could be frustratingly difficult I found.

Tempted by Hawx 2!

Already have all the Splinter Cells - Conviction is surprisingly good.

Don't bother with Endwar though - wouldn't even want to play that again for free. Must be one of the laziest console ports around. A very, very poor game.

0D221F980CCFFED9594BE449E553318175093C86

The shadows are working fine as you can see except the game doesn't have them from people obviously due to being pretty old now.

The black borders are there because i can't remember how to rid them but you can :p i think if you leave the FOV as 75 default value in the settings file.(though i did the training level without them must be when there's a cutscene or something)

Last edited:
Has anyone played the co-op for splintercell conviction? I was reading the steam forums and a few people were saying they were having problems getting connected to each other. Just wanted to know if anyone has got it working?

thx

Are the Rainbow Six games still popular on PC and where they good?

I've played quite a bit of the first one. Was a good game, very tactical... running and gunning = death most of the time. I got stuck on a bit where I had to defend some guy on stage in a theatre. Ridiculously difficult. Graphics are very dated though and there are a few annoying gameplay quirks.

Second one's downloading now :)

Which is the best splinter cell?

Also hawx 1/2 worth it?
Double also which, rainbow 6? Vegas 2?

The best Splinter Cell is Chaos theory. The graphics are slightly dated but the latest one conviction looks nice and is good as well.

Hawx is apparently not very good and Rainbow six vegas 2 is really good but I guess the multiplayer is no longer very populated.

The best Splinter Cell is Chaos theory. The graphics are slightly dated but the latest one conviction looks nice and is good as well.

Hawx is apparently not very good and Rainbow six vegas 2 is really good but I guess the multiplayer is no longer very populated.

I had a feeling it was chaos theory, thanks. Will decide between that and conviction.

I'll probably go for rainbow six vegas 2, I'm tempted by Hawx, is the first or 2nd meant to be better?

Back
Top Bottom