*** PC Gaming - Daily Deals Thread ***

I've got one but didn't at that time... seemed like a pretty poor game anyway really. Might give Hawx 2 a go if I ever see it for 2-3quid

Same, I will wait until it is less than a fiver to pick it up.

I'm on the fence for Conviction. Someone talk me off, one way or the other. I don't care about the DRM as it's only a fiver. Base it purely on value for money ... :)

It is a slightly more action packed Splinter Cell that looks pretty darn good. I picked it up for a fiver a while back on Steam and really enjoyed the game. It is a little short, but for the price you can't go wrong. In all honest, anyone who won't buy these games because of the DRM is seriously missing out, especially for the price you can get them now.

Same, I will wait until it is less than a fiver to pick it up.

It is a slightly more action packed Splinter Cell that looks pretty darn good. I picked it up for a fiver a while back on Steam and really enjoyed the game. It is a little short, but for the price you can't go wrong. In all honest, anyone who won't buy these games because of the DRM is seriously missing out, especially for the price you can get them now.

How does it play with a mouse and keyboard? Did they nerf the controls?

How does it play with a mouse and keyboard? Did they nerf the controls?

Couldn't answer that one sorry, I played it with the 360 controller.

Am I correct in saying there has never ever been an ACTIVISION sale in the history of Steam?

Can't say I have ever noticed one - the thing is, you often seen their games in the top 20. Can't imagine who would pay full price on a lot of those games when you can pick them up for a fraction of the price elsewhere.

The Steam dailies have been pretty rubbish so far. Hopefully they pick up.

I thought the 2nd Vegas was horrible the 1st was good.

The 2nd was OK, but not as good as the first imo and graphically it was really dated by the time it was released. Don't think I ever actually finished the 2nd.

I was really tempted to buy this until I realised that it's a lot cheaper to buy on disc. I'm not that bothered about having it on Steam.

This whole Ubisoft sale has been a bit of a damp squib.

Chaos Theory can be had a lot cheaper than £3? :confused:

I'm considering getting Conviction, already played it once and almost finished it. Would make sense if someone else bought it and I could play co-op.

Not interested in GRAW, got the second RS: Vegas in the Ubisoft Weekend Deal pack (Vegas 2, Call of Juarez 2, Far Cry 2 and Assassin's Creed for a tenner), End War is to simplistic, HAWX series is crap, Rainbow Six 3 is too hard and too dated to be enjoyed in a long run.

Damn I'd completely forgotten about that level. Yeah that was definitely Pandora Tomorrow... I remember seeing it on the TV advert, along with the thunderstorm level. The graphics were stunning for back then, gotta be one of my favourite games ever. I'm tempted to bust out my old ps2 and grab a copy & memory stick to play through it again

Damn :( Wish it was on Steam - That is one of my favourite levels in any game :)

Shame Pandora Tomorrow'slighting/shadows do not work on modern gpu's great game.

Also want to say good job to the OP for keeping the thread upto date.

Very little happening around the sites today. Highlight so far would be GTA Complete for £17 odd at Gamersgate

Grand Theft Auto
Grand Theft Auto 2
Grand Theft Auto 3
Grand Theft Auto IV
Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City

They also have Bully Scholarship up for £2.99

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom