*** PC Gaming - Daily Deals Thread ***

Machinarium, Youda Farmer, and Governor of Poker are all on sale for £1.99 as part of the Direct2Drive £2 Tuesday Deal. Since the Gamefly takeover the D2D front page is slow to update so a little digging is required for example they still have the front page displaying the weekend deals which are no longer there. Hope this isnt a sign of the decline of D2D

Last edited:
Weds updates so far..

Gamersgate Rockstar Deal of the Day is Midnight Club 2 £1.79

As posted above Thief Deadly Shadows added to the midweek madness on steam - £2.50

and for those who haven't got Rift yet - Greenman have Rift Collectors Ed. @ £19.95 and Rift @ £24.99 strange pricing I know but there you have it

Last edited:
That game looks pretty good actually(Thief Deadly Shadows) Anyone got experience?

A major departure from the first two games in the series, Thief: Deadly Shadows was developed by Ion Storm rather than Looking Glass Studios (albeit with many of the same people). The game was powered by the Unreal-based Deus Ex: Invisible War engine. Unlike the original two titles, the third Thief game was developed simultaneously for Windows and the Xbox.

Because of all these factors, Thief: Deadly Shadows (Ion Storm decided not to name the game Thief III for fear that it would alienate console gamers who had never played the previous two titles) was different (and vastly updated) from the first two games in the series in both appearance and gameplay.

One of the game's major new features was the ability to explore the City. While previous games sent Garrett straight from mission to mission, Thief: Deadly Shadows allows him to walk the City streets between missions where he can steal from passersby, spy on the townspeople's daily lives, and search for sidequests in addition to major story missions. Unlike sandbox games such as Grand Theft Auto III, the city is not one large continuous map, but rather several small neighborhood maps connected by load zones (similar to Postal²). The game also introduced an ability to switch between first and third person views, and to flatten against walls.

Thief is the best series of games ever made in my opinion, it is very dated now but i've been gaming since I was 13 and I am now 30 and I am yet to find a game that comes close to the experiance provided by Thief series. Maybe System Shock but that was made by the same people.

Dixons

The Witcher 2 Digital Premium Edition for £20.00 :eek:

Il wait a month when it will probably be a tenner. I have decided never to pay full price for a game anymore (There may be one or two exceptions though :p). I just don't see the point when most pc games halve in price after a month or two.

Back
Top Bottom