*** PC Gaming - Daily Deals Thread ***

Associate
yeah me 2, it surely not that bad ? Anyone play it clarify?

I brought it cheap about £10 me and my friend got a copy thinking "It cant be that bad its aliens!" and yea it is pretty terrible and the only fun i got out of it was laughing about how bad it was with my friend in coop. Really disappointed because i too thought it might at least be average. We hardly ever play it we found it that bad unless we are really bored! Also the MP is dead

Soldato
have to admit im finding Colonial Marines fun. Only been playing the campaign, but admittedly i am an Aliens nerd so teh music and motion tracker alone are enough to give me chills when playing :)

Certainly worth the £3 odds imo

Soldato
5% off too!
ZV22566863 (asks for this when creating an account)

The discount code you entered is invalid or not applicable to the contents of your basket.

OUBEzmm.jpg

Actually Im probably entering in the wrong place nm [ en_GB.Your referrer code is invalid, please try again or leave blank??? ¬ works if typed manually]

zavvi said:
dont bother I presume...

Last edited:
Associate
yeah me 2, it surely not that bad ? Anyone play it clarify?

Not played but seen quite a few video reviews dealing with the shortcomings. Terrible AI (aliens stuck walking into walls and just run at you), terrible sound, poor graphics . Caused quite a stir because the big technical demo they unveiled about a year prior to release and what got everyone really excited was completely different from the final release and allegedly was a huge intentional bait and switch. I think there might even be a class action lawsuit in America over it and allegations the developer took the money they got from the publishers to make it and used large portions on Borderlands 2.

Go check out a review on youtube by angryjoe. Gives a pretty good idea.

Soldato
See, I think a lot of people are commenting based on just that - videos and other people's reviews. I was pretty much the same until I played it. What I found was a competent fps with ok graphics, decent atmosphere and an awful, dreadful story.

I haven't seen any AI issues or bugs yet, and I've certainly got my few quid's worth of entertainment.

Soldato
See, I think a lot of people are commenting based on just that - videos and other people's reviews. I was pretty much the same until I played it. What I found was a competent fps with ok graphics, decent atmosphere and an awful, dreadful story.

I haven't seen any AI issues or bugs yet, and I've certainly got my few quid's worth of entertainment.

I remember playing a sortof horde multiplayer mode on Aliens v Predator (or AVP 2) In the DLC season pass for colonial marines there is a bughunt mode ie horde mode.... pity you have to pay an extra $19.99 to play that on this game..... beggars belief which it isnt included as standard...

Back
Top Bottom