*** PC Gaming - Daily Deals Thread ***

Man of Honour
I've removed the earlier links to the Theme Hospital abandonware download. Abandonware is very much a legal grey area, and as the game is still for sale via sites such as GOG, any links to it will be classed as piracy. Please consider this as a friendly but final warning.

Caporegime
I've removed the earlier links to the Theme Hospital abandonware download. Abandonware is very much a legal grey area, and as the game is still for sale via sites such as GOG, any links to it will be classed as piracy. Please consider this as a friendly but final warning.

The ironic thing is, that site is an affilate of GOG :D

Soldato

I'm sure the CorsixTH guys have plans to follow the same route as OpenTTD (for Transport Tycoon) eventually - i.e. re-create all the in-game assets themselves and thus remove the dependence on the original game files... Will be a good day once they get there (though I'm still curious how the legality of essentially duplicating all the content is allowed)

Soldato
The Theme Hospital from GOG doesn't work on my rig, even though GOG tweak it to work on modern O.S like all of their classics, it feels like it has bad 16:10 support. The screen is stretched and important parts of the UI are off screen. :(

Soldato
Regarding this alleged 'bargain' for BF4 + Premium DLC from Zavvi, I got a reply from customer services...believe what you want but I guess I'll have to wait and see.

I have an issue with with order number: xxx

Order items:xxx,

Issue selected - I have a problem with my order
Issue details - Other order problem
Additional details -

Hi,

I wish to confirm the details of the item I have ordered and what is included in the price.

Does the PC Game Battlefield 4 - Free Premium Expansion DLC game I have ordered include the game and Premium extras including the 5 DLC's that will be released in the future at no extra cost?

I understand the developer plans to release 5 DLC add ons and other extras after the game has released for an additional charge. However, your item description for this game (under Features: ) states that these 5 DLC's and other extras are included in the asking price.

Is this correct?

Kind Regards, Mark.

One of our customer services advisors has reviewed your query and we are able to confirm the following:

Hello Mark,

Thank you for getting in touch about your pre-order for this item.

I have now spoken to the relevant department regarding this issue and they have advised that your order will include the extra DLC codes.

Thanks again for getting in contact with us.

If there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Kind regards,

Chris

Zavvi.com Customer Service Team

Either this is going to turn out to be a massive BF4 bargain or a massive Zavvi **** storm. Think I will pre-write my complaint email now but hold onto that little glimmer of hope.

Last edited:

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
This is what i got.

========================================================
Hello

Thank you for getting in touch about Battlefield 4.

I am sorry but I would not be able to confirm which expansions would be included with the premium addition of this game, currently the only information we have from the manufacturer is that a premium code will be included.

If there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Kind regards,

Chris

Zavvi.com Customer Service Team

Neo/Mark - not sure if it a bad sign but the very same guy told me the opposite. I suppose there could be 2 Customer service guys called Chris but should be the same information or rather conistant info. I think i will be writing my complaint too, as i said if he cant confirm then i am cancelling.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom