Peaky Blinders -New BBC series, 1919 Brummie Gangsters

Man of Honour
Watched the first three episodes and enjoyed them very much. Not as gritty as the previous ones but on a slower burner that keeps your attention throughout. As it finished last night we'll watch the last three in one sitting.

Caporegime
that face-off between Tommy and Solomons was astounding.

Solomons is just a ****ing epic character, one of the best I have ever seen in any gangster flick. The feeling of menace and surpressed violence is just spine-chilling, and all wrapped up with the mind of a wordsmith.

Plus it was good to see him finally rattled and showing a bit of vulnerability.

Soldato
Probably the worst season of the lot but it sets things up nicely for the next one.

Agreed. It's getting to the point where its style over substance. Every other sentence is that swear-word, every other scene features some Shelbys walking in slow-motion, every other second someone is smoking, every character is fast becoming two dimensional. It's nowhere near what it used to be.

Man of Honour
Probably the worst season of the lot but it sets things up nicely for the next one.

Watched the last two episodes and that ending was completely unexpected but I suppose they had to setup the next series. Certainly not the best of the three series. The plot was a wee bit muddled and too much of the "family" but the characters and acting were just as good as before.

It will be interesting to see whether series four turns into a Birmingham Sopranos soap or manages to keep the grittiness going with a more believable plot. Who knows, he might head off to Vienna and head a new crime mob there. :D

Commissario
Guys how can I legitimately watch season 3? First 2 are on Netflix but can't seem to find how to watch season 3 without resorting to naughty means...

Back
Top Bottom