Peaky Blinders -New BBC series, 1919 Brummie Gangsters

Soldato
If ever a thread needed reviving, it's this one. Just watch it, ok?

Just because it's Brummie accents</spit_the_dog> doesn't mean it's annoying to listen to. Well, not as annoying as a Liverpudlian drama would be anyway. :)

Just because it's set during what ignoramuses like myself might have considered a tedious period in modern history, doesn't mean it's boring. It's actually rather educational, in a way. PTSD and complicated politics aren't a new invention, and are great catalysts.

And just because it seems to have been produced by someone a little too in love with
Sherlock and someone's random iPod playlist doesn't mean it won't be surprisingly atmospheric.

I managed to watch season two first, earlier this year, and am now catching up with my recordings of three at home. I'm also working my way through season one at the same time on my weekly West Coast rail journeys, courtesy of Virgin's 'free' Beam service.

I think the first series may be the best of the lot. As I said earlier, just watch it. :)

Soldato
Normally I avoid all trailers and if I do watch them usually I have the sound off so i can't hear any dialog. But I sneaked a peak at this and I am very excited.

If they manage to pull this season off correctly this show will possibly be up there with The Wire and Breaking Bad for me.

Back
Top Bottom