Peaky Blinders -New BBC series, 1919 Brummie Gangsters

Soldato
Just watched the first 3 episodes of season 1 and it hasn't grabbed me at all. At this moment I couldn't care less if I never saw another episode.

Soldato
I couldn't see if it was the lloyds horse .. they should be in end titles .... surprised production company don't appear to make it in 4k/hdr.
directors definitely a disciple of Shane Ritchie, and the location announcements like men from uncle.

Soldato
Don't think the female singer and her songs are much good compared to Nick Cave, not enough gravitas ... cat-whaling. (Mokadelic do some good stuff for gomorra )

Hadn't really thought of a Ronnie/Reggie comparison with arthur/Thomas. but, it's dawning now.

Soldato
I have a love hate relationship with the program, one minute the story and writing is deep and nuanced the next it is lazy and illogical.

The sequence with the mines in the field made absolutely no sense whatsoever. As a dream sequence fine, but other than that what were they thinking? Does anyone want to have a go at explaining it?

The bad guys seem much better this season I thought the Italians were crap lat time.

Soldato
What was the aim of the person who planted the mines?

Was it A. that the son would go out to see the cross and be blown up first and then Thomas would find the note? Or was it intended to kill Thomas himself in which case he might have never seen the note and would be unable to work for the Billy Boys as he would be dead?

:-/ confused.

Or is it C, bad writing?

Soldato
What was the aim of the person who planted the mines?

Was it A. that the son would go out to see the cross and be blown up first and then Thomas would find the note? Or was it intended to kill Thomas himself in which case he might have never seen the note and would be unable to work for the Billy Boys as he would be dead?

:-/ confused.

Or is it C, bad writing?

Like 90% of Peaky...it's style over substance.

I still love it though :D

Back
Top Bottom