Pentagon releases UFO footage

The mouth said "Chinese spy balloon"
Has this been confirmed yet?

The first one has been confirmed to be a Chinese balloon. Although of course the Chinese government says it was a weather balloon, not a spy balloon. Maybe it was a weather balloon.

One of the biggest benefits balloons have over satellites for spying is cost. One of the biggest disadvantages is ease of detection and interception. So any government who was doing it would be likely to use multiple balloons and an at least somewhat plausible excuse for public consumption. You could make and launch at least a couple of dozen spy balloons for less cost than making a single spy satellite and putting it into orbit, so why not? You're going to get noticed doing it, so your best bet is to launch a number of them at once to get as much data as possible in one go. Then say it was a project to gather data for weather something something. It doesn't matter if the government(s) of the country or countries you're spying on know they were spy balloons. What matters is whether they'll declare war over it. Which they won't unless they were already intending to declare war and were looking for an excuse. You spy on them, they spy on you, it's how international politics works. Maybe your diplomats in their country will be called in and told that your country has been naughty. Not for the spying. Not really. That's expected. For being so obvious about it that the spying has to be acknowledged publically.

The other alternative is that aliens with knowledge and technology so unimaginably in advance of ours that they have superluminal travel and comms came here in their spaceships and launched very obvious probes that were detected, intercepted and shot down by the tech we have. I think that's rather implausible. If they existed then their knowledge and tech would be as far above humanity's as humanity's is above that of chimpanzees poking a stick into a termite nest to get out some termites to eat. The mismatch in tech levels between the spaceships and comms and the spy equipment is too large to be at all likely. Why would their surveillance tech be so spectacularly inferior to their travel and communications tech? Maybe if the spaceships and comms gear wasn't theirs, with their own knowledge and tech level being about the same as ours and the spaceships and comms gear being from another civilisation that lost the ships somehow and those ships drifted into the alien's stellar system and they managed to salvage them and work out how to use them but not how to understand them. Which is a very contrived scenario. Maybe not impossible, but I think it's far, far less likely than mundane spying between human countries using human technology.

Last edited:
You are implying aliens with FTL capabilities, which means their tech so advanced that detecting said UFO's is proof that they are not aliens.

They manage to violate causality, but some monkeys can detect their drones.
Interesting logic...

The other alternative is that aliens with knowledge and technology so unimaginably in advance of ours that they have superluminal travel and comms came here in their spaceships and launched very obvious probes that were detected, intercepted and shot down by the tech we have.

Oh, no I didn't post that to relate to these random balloons - it was in keeping with this threads Pentagon's UFO info releases.

My bad, I thought the balloons stuff was in a different thread.

Last edited:
Oh, no I didn't post that to relate to these random balloons - it was in keeping with this threads Pentagon's UFO info releases.

My bad, I thought the balloons stuff was in a different thread.

It's in here too, since those balloons are UFOs. They're unidentified (at least officially, to the public) and they're flying and they're objects. Although not all UFOs are flying or are objects, hence the switch the UAP instead.

Reactions: NVP
The latest one was described as Octagon shaped. So we have had a big white balloon, two smaller metallic cylinders and now this Octagon.

I wonder if the Chinese have launched a load of prototypes to see which one performs best?

Last edited:
Which is just what someone who has been brainwashed by the wrong media would say. Like tang0 neither of you are ever able to explain or prove anything, all you can do is post what the wrong media and governments want you to. Just like you cannot even say what we are being distracted from, but like a good little sheep you still post what they want.
If you say so. Yes i wrote something else but deleted as i dont think mods would approve.. Yes i no mods can see edited topics.

Last edited:
Calm down about aliens.
When you grasp how big space is and how insignificant we are it helps you understand how this is not going to be aliens.

We have been transmitting radio waves for about 100 years, so there is no signal from our rock to others for a starters.
Why choose this random star to travel to. It would be like winning the Alien tourism lottery.

Vast distances - It might be there are no cheat codes in the universe, if say an alien 20k light years away and could travel at light speed and would decide to come here for some reason, we would be waiting 20k years to say Hi.

Maybe the universe laws just doesn't allow light speed travel or to survive worm holes.

But to reiterate, why here when there is no signal? don't forget the many billions upon billions points of light there are out there to visit.
I do believe there is intelligent life in our galaxy, but maybe only 0.00001% of the stars have any. And to what intelligence? Maybe another dinosaur world.
Don't forget 4 billion years for us to get where we are now.

Last edited:
Calm down about aliens.
When you grasp how big space is and how insignificant we are it helps you understand how this is not going to be aliens.

We have been transmitting radio waves for about 100 years, so there is no signal from our rock to others for a starters.
Why choose this random star to travel to. It would be like winning the Alien tourism lottery.

Vast distances - It might be there are no cheat codes in the universe, if say an alien 20k light years away and could travel at light speed and would decide to come here for some reason, we would be waiting 20k years to say Hi.

Maybe the universe laws just doesn't allow light speed travel or to survive worm holes.

But to reiterate, why here when there is no signal? don't forget the many billions upon billions points of light there are out there to visit.
I do believe there is intelligent life in our galaxy, but maybe only 0.00001% of the stars have any. And to what intelligence? Maybe another dinosaur world.

Well there’s no information really about what’s been shot down aside from the first balloon.

There’s nothing to suggest anything ET about this particular circumstance but to discount all encounters is naive.

Things like this are harder to explain away.

Calm down about aliens.

You should change your username to Buzz Killington you massive killjoy :p

Calm down about aliens.

I complete agree, but I can't explain tictac

Not very likely. The shape of an object doesn’t have much impact on the return to a radar. Materials used, surface area and jamming are the biggest variable in the amplitude of a return.
I suspect all of this is just China sending up a load of different things to test out...see how long it takes for the US to detect them. Quite possibly testing satellite designs to see if they can get undetectable stealth satellites wherever they like. The US wouldn't be destroying things in orbit willy-nilly.

A little bit of gentle button-pushing to keep the US on it's toes....but all plausibly deniable (I'm sure they all do have weather instruments on them), and not actually going to cause a serious diplomatic incident.

Back
Top Bottom