People at the Gym :/

J.T

J.T

Soldato
People Bench pressing loads of weight but only coming down half way or even less and their mate who is spotting them going “wow you are well strong mate”! :rolleyes:

Then you go on and do a little less weight but correct form and you see them snigger! :mad:

The guys who never do legs and always have a “good” excuse such as, "I do Football" or "my legs are big enough" and so on! :confused:

Bicep/Chest Boys! :rolleyes:

The list is endless… :(

Soldato
Never ever got to bodybuilding.com then.
I found a thread completely dedicated to bashing and trolling people that squat, because they want an over all larger body.

Soldato
There are 2 groups of sissies who get in my way at the gym. One group are 10st emo's, the others are wannabe gangsters who put on ridiculous Jamaican/Ali G accents. They always go for the cage, I think it's because they perceive it as being the most manly station. They spend about an hour doing bench press with about 40kg tops. They're all squealing like they've been entered with no lube, and spotting each other like they're going for a PB.

Other than that, I don't care about other people in the gym - I've got my headphones on and I'm in my own little world with the iron.

Soldato
I usually train around 5am these days so it allows me free reign of the weights area and all the machines I could ever want to use. It's very very rarely I go on peak hours. If I do however, I never really look at others or spend any time thinking about the generally stupidity that goes on around me. Sometimes something catches my eye that makes me smile, but I quickly block things out. I'm there to smash it as hard as I can and get out of there.

Bad form would be the number one daft thing I usually see. Heavy weights that cannot be handled properly, weird variations on movements that makes no sense, however, it makes people seem very proud and they seem to think others are impressed by it. Oh, and the hoodie boys. Real impressive hardcore stuff.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
My favourite are the bench press monkeys. The guy on the bench can't handle the weight and he knows it, so his mate will effectively row the weight. It becomes some kind of weird joint push/pull exercise between them.

Soldato
LiE, I see this often :( There's three lads that do it, hogging the bench for at least half an hour. And they load up the bar with so much weight that the guy can literally only do one rep (badly) before he has it assisted from BOTH his friends for the next 7 reps. And worst thing is, you can tell they genuinely believe this is benefitting him. I even heard one of them say "this is too heavy" when he was benching, yet his two mates insisted he kept going!

Associate
The one thing that annoys me is people with armpits that smells like a chemical war-zone.

I mean seriously guys, deodorant cost £2 max, get yourself one.

oh and second thing, I HATE people who pretend they have a cool body and try to show off at the lady part of the Gym.
Leave this part to the pros.

Permabanned
Saw a lad with a trendy flat cap on, hogging the cable machine, with a wife beater on a tanned to ****

Jesus wept

I dont mind people taking care of their appearance but in a gym, you are their to workout/exercise not look like you are off up town

Soldato
Tosspots that tink people actually care what they are lifting.

A lad squatting on the smith, quite young so pushing reasonable weight about 120-130KG for singles and doubles, with two friends standing their with their jaws on the floors trying to hide their semi's. About 5 minutes rest between each set. Taking a further 3/4 minutes once under the bar to set up and psych himself out. Then walking around holding on to and pulling up the bottom of his shorts as he walks to try and show off where his quads should be.

I was SLDL'ing to his right, did I pull my shorts down and bend over so everyone could see my hamstrings? no. I did my sets and got on with my workout. I'd pressed, SLDL, rowed and benched in the space he'd done 4 sets of 'squaaaaaatz'.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
:D isn't the gym entertaining! without these people I think it wouldn't be half as entertaining. We should applaud these people for giving us all something to laugh at.

Associate
Tosspots that tink people actually care what they are lifting.

A lad squatting on the smith, quite young so pushing reasonable weight about 120-130KG for singles and doubles, with two friends standing their with their jaws on the floors trying to hide their semi's. About 5 minutes rest between each set. Taking a further 3/4 minutes once under the bar to set up and psych himself out. Then walking around holding on to and pulling up the bottom of his shorts as he walks to try and show off where his quads should be.

I was SLDL'ing to his right, did I pull my shorts down and bend over so everyone could see my hamstrings? no. I did my sets and got on with my workout. I'd pressed, SLDL, rowed and benched in the space he'd done 4 sets of 'squaaaaaatz'.

Wow, with your vivid description it sure looks like you care! :p

Associate
Clowns that only understand bodybuilding and have no idea about strength training. They think its funny that i do 1-4 reps and have 3-5mins rest between sets.

Yet they are weak as **** and cant move half the weight

Soldato
I got a few good chaps in there today.
I was squatting upto 140kg below parallel, when one of them came up saying how impressed he was and that he's happy to see someme actually "train".

A well sized chap, he asked how long I'd take and after I finished he did squats. He was about an inch above parallel, although considering he had runners on and his form was good it was a good sight.

He even dropped the weight afterwards and forced himself to get to parallel at 60kg for 5 reps and 2 sets. Good stuff.

Later on que the lads that load up about 100kg, unrack it, go down two inches and roar between sets basically.

It's...it's just bizzare. These same lads call the previous guys a weakling because he "only" squats 60kg, but actually makes himself try and reach parallel and break it.

I bloody well hate buggers like that. Swollen egos with no real bite when it comes to putting words to metal on the bars.
Same lads bench 80-90kg and only bring it down, a whopping 2 inches again. Ugh...

They even snicker at the few that just start out and actually deadlift, bench and squat with good form.

Permabanned
Group of lads in my gym last night, one freakishly muscled indian guy and 4 white guys, buying something illicit of another guy there.

Ok fair enough I know this goes on and that's fine, but this is in a David Lloyd Leisure, and they were dealing in the parents & families changing rooms.

When we came out of the pool to get changed I had to explain to my daughter why 6 meatheads were hanging around in a tiny changing area about the size of my living room, ffs there are the main changing rooms and loads of secluded empty corridors/studios they can use to buy and sell. :rolleyes:

And we get all the usuals there too, the mirror posers, the machine hoggers, and the ones who make such worrying noises I'd swear they're re-living their time in the prison showers. ;)

Back
Top Bottom