PES 2009

Soldato
mine turned up, not installed as yet, anyone know if 1600 x 1050 is a defualt res?

Yeah it is but its not true 16/10, its 16/9 with a black boarder running along the top and bottom apparently. Thats what ive been told anyway.

Where is the cheapest that this is going for. I love the fact that 2v2 is back.

Legend mode is online, I think I heard four people can play on same side, could be wrong tho. Be interesting to have four strikers lol

Associate
I'm sure if there was only one footy game out there then Konami or EA (which ever one had that game) would hold off their release date till around December ready for christmas time. It would help them polish the game. It must be choatic for the developers to get the game out. They only have a year to do it compared with most other games that usually have at least 2-3 years before hand. Although they don't have any game to build on and are starting from scratch

Soldato
So im a fifa fanboy because I dont like the fact Konami have released another unfinished Pro evo? The last one was appauling.
Im not a fan of either as far as the PC is concerned tbh, Fifa is tripe, the PES demo was tripe _IMO_

Associate
The final version is a slightly better version of the demo (more responsive and scoring seems a lot easier) but if you didnt like the demo then you will not like the full game. I'm hoping next year EA sort themselves out release a console quality equivalent on the PC

Soldato
Hmm only slightly better =/ I found scoring a right task on the demo, I will admit, which was odd as Id have the ball for 90% of the match on top player, and id usually put in 1 per minute on the other evos.
Ill give pes a try, but frankly I think the console fifa has won it this year.

Soldato
OP
The last one was appauling.
Im not a fan of either as far as the PC is concerned tbh, Fifa is tripe, the PES demo was tripe _IMO_

so why read and post here :rolleyes:

I'm sure if there was only one footy game out there then Konami or EA (which ever one had that game) would hold off their release date till around December ready for christmas time. It would help them polish the game. It must be choatic for the developers to get the game out. They only have a year to do it compared with most other games that usually have at least 2-3 years before hand. Although they don't have any game to build on and are starting from scratch

yeah i'm with you on that, at least they are addressing it with a patch, must be tough rolling out a game every 12 months

Soldato
so why read and post here :rolleyes:

yeah i'm with you on that, at least they are addressing it with a patch, must be tough rolling out a game every 12 months

I read and post here because I want to see what people think of it and see what people find out about it, its a discussion forum you know, we are meant to discuss pes2009 in this thread funny enough. If that involves me saying I wasnt impressed with the demo and that Fifa Console seems to be the best football game this year then thats fine.

Its the fact they have released a game unfinished again, the resolution bug is still an issue, the rosters are not even update(which imo is criminal, its hardly difficult) A game every 12 months? This isnt a brand new game?? Its just another variation of 08. Updated, with certain problems identified by the community addressed.

Soldato
Hmm, I'm on holiday now, back home around midnight on Monday-do you reckon that if I order now from the jungle people I will have it waiting for me on Tuesday morning? Thing is that I want to order a 360 controller with it, so will need to be in when the post arrives...

Associate
You need to sign up for a konami id for online play and your cd key is linked to it.

1600 x 1050 is a default res, i use it.

You cant save replays online still, but u can add people to friends list while in game.

Soldato
I read and post here because I want to see what people think of it and see what people find out about it, its a discussion forum you know, we are meant to discuss pes2009 in this thread funny enough. If that involves me saying I wasnt impressed with the demo and that Fifa Console seems to be the best football game this year then thats fine.

Its the fact they have released a game unfinished again, the resolution bug is still an issue, the rosters are not even update(which imo is criminal, its hardly difficult) A game every 12 months? This isnt a brand new game?? Its just another variation of 08. Updated, with certain problems identified by the community addressed.

But when people posted what they have thought, you shot them down in flames for saying they were glossing over problems. In the space of an hour you went from asking questions about it, to slagging it off.

Make up your mind bud.

Associate
Just wanted to say the keepers spill the ball way too much still. A bit of improvement from last year but nothing major. You will see the issue more glaringly when you play against your mates rather than playing v CPU (not as many shots on goal). I don't mind the weaker keepers in the game doing it from time to time but its the likes of casillas, reina and co who are too prone to doing it.

Soldato
can you still score the mingey goals on the break where you get a fast winger who belts it up the wing and then crosses it along floor into box, all the defenders miss it/fall over and someone turns it in?

Soldato
Just wanted to say the keepers spill the ball way too much still. A bit of improvement from last year but nothing major. You will see the issue more glaringly when you play against your mates rather than playing v CPU (not as many shots on goal). I don't mind the weaker keepers in the game doing it from time to time but its the likes of casillas, reina and co who are too prone to doing it.

Did you not see the howler Boruc made last night? :p

Associate
Oh dear, I get the feeling this is going back ...

Online is still crap, the host still has the advantage. Two games i've played and both had a horrible feel.In both games i've missed loads of chances and open goals due to the lag ...it's not as bad as '08, but it's still there and affects the game.

Goalies suck as in the demo, players positioning off the ball are senseless at times. It just doesn't feel like pro evo of old, not as fluid also.

Even offline with your mates will be crude, it's taken Konami a year to produce this since the last dross version ???

I'm now in the camp that both Fifa next-gen and PES '09 are two poor games.

Soldato
OP
Oh dear, I get the feeling this is going back ...

Online is still crap, the host still has the advantage. Two games i've played and both had a horrible feel.In both games i've missed loads of chances and open goals due to the lag ...it's not as bad as '08, but it's still there and affects the game.

Goalies suck as in the demo, players positioning off the ball are senseless at times. It just doesn't feel like pro evo of old, not as fluid also.

Even offline with your mates will be crude, it's taken Konami a year to produce this since the last dross version ???

I'm now in the camp that both Fifa next-gen and PES '09 are two poor games.

i'm hearing it's much improved you can't just slate online play after two game fool! - it might be your internet that's playing up, i will cast my vote after trying it over a week and at diffirent times.

so it's officially laggy online ?
]

peeps on pesfan are saying it's much better than 08

Back
Top Bottom