*** Phanteks EVOLV Owners Thread ***

Caporegime
There is not an MATX glass version... yet. Apparently it is in the works, but no news has been released yet that I'm aware of, but it is on the way. I am not sure how they will resolve the internal side bit that necessitated the small window on the MATX Evolv though.

I'll wait then...

I dont see why that internal plate bit is needed...all My SSD's could go underneath

Does anyone actually have physical mechanical drive inn their PC's anymore? With cloud and Nas boxes so cheap...

Soldato
Soldato
What do you mean?

I meant the SSD plate on the front... seen here...

evolv_matx.jpg

As easyrider says, I don't see why that's needed personally. It was the main reason I discounted the case tbh when it was first released, as I wanted a full window, and today it seems even more redundant IMO. So will be interesting to see how they approach the glass version, because keeping it will look utterly daft aesthetically if they have a full glass window and a big strip of black metal covering half of it!

I'll wait then...

I dont see why that internal plate bit is needed...all My SSD's could go underneath

Does anyone actually have physical mechanical drive inn their PC's anymore? With cloud and Nas boxes so cheap...

Yeah, totally agree. I've recently moved from mechanical to having just x2 SSD's and an M.2 in my system. Very liberating! I think I'm in the minority though... I don't think the NAS thing has caught on for the mainstream yet, and I still know lots of people with multiple HDD's in their systems. I don't see that changing anytime soon, and case manufacturers don't seem to be that interested in moving people away from them. I actually wonder if NAS will really catch on though... once we see much faster large SSD's available for the same price as the relatively slow HDD's are today, the consumer NAS products will just fade away anyway.

Soldato
Ah i forgot about that. Im surprised they even included it. Would like a glass side panel for mine but considering mine cost the best part of £90 to make im not sure I wanna just scrap that already.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
I use a 360PE and 240SE in mine and I think there is room to change the SE for a PE but not two 360XE's.

Soldato
Does anyone know if you can fit x2 360 GTS HW Black Ice Nemesis rads in the Evolv ATX? I know a 360 and 240/280 is possible, but I don't know about x2 360s, and if so whether the XFlow variant is better suited? These are slightly wider rads than most, but only 29.6mm thick.

Soldato
snip

Yeah, totally agree. I've recently moved from mechanical to having just x2 SSD's and an M.2 in my system. Very liberating! I think I'm in the minority though... I don't think the NAS thing has caught on for the mainstream yet, and I still know lots of people with multiple HDD's in their systems. I don't see that changing anytime soon, and case manufacturers don't seem to be that interested in moving people away from them. I actually wonder if NAS will really catch on though... once we see much faster large SSD's available for the same price as the relatively slow HDD's are today, the consumer NAS products will just fade away anyway.

That's exactly what I've done. 2xSSDs in the PC and a NAS for pics,music, films and whatever else. Nice not to have any humming drives in my case.

JJJ

JJJ

Associate
It seems it's a popular case and from the pictures looks very nice. How much impact does it have on airflow with the solid front? Temps are an issue on my current case due to a solid front.

Associate
Never did add my rig to this thread:

I have also just completed a quick mod on the roof to improve airflow a bit:

Temps are better now with fan speeds never beyond 850rpm temps stay under 52c across the board so I am satisfied. Will see how it does come summer.

Soldato
Managed to finish my enthoo itx build, well kind of..I had to RMA my motherboard. Nice case but very tight but I was probably expecting a bit too much. I managed to put the corsair h115i at the top but then I had to drill two holes in the back of the case to put in my new EVGA 1080 ftw hybrid.
Still tempted to keep going with itx rather than go mitx. But I may on my next PC upgrade, see if there's a slimmer 280mm aio.

Associate
Im thinking about buying this case and ive been trying to find out if the phanteks rgb light strip just plugs into the case? And how many rgb strips can be pluged into it? Also can other rgb light strip be pluged into it or is it just phanteks?

Associate
Im thinking about buying this case and ive been trying to find out if the phanteks rgb light strip just plugs into the case? And how many rgb strips can be pluged into it? Also can other rgb light strip be pluged into it or is it just phanteks?
Not sure about other led strips working but I know the tempered glass version supports the led strips.I have the non tempered evolv with no connector for strip support.

Associate
Guys what is the clearance between the top rad mounting plate and the top edge of the motherboard. I thinking to stick a 5.25" mobile rack in that place.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom