*** Phanteks EVOLV Owners Thread ***

Soldato
Has anyone tried this?

zMQEhlU.jpg

If you've got 2x140mm fans in the top then you've got a section of the top cavity that will leak warm air back into the case.

Going to give it a try with electrical tape first and if it improves temps I'll get something made out of acrylic

Associate
Has anyone tried this?

If you've got 2x140mm fans in the top then you've got a section of the top cavity that will leak warm air back into the case.

Going to give it a try with electrical tape first and if it improves temps I'll get something made out of acrylic

I've not altered the top panel, but I have sealed all the holes in the rad bracket using electrical tape and black card. I've also added rubber washers behind the mounting bars on the front panel to increase how far it stands off, allowing for greater air intake See here. This dropped temps for me by around 8 degrees.

Soldato
I like this case, but I'm not into the whole window / lights / bling thing. Do they do one with standard aluminium side panels? Also am i correct in saying there is nowhere to fit a dvd writer?

The standard model has a window, but it's not as big as the Tempered Glass edition http://www.phanteks.com/Enthoo-Evolv-ATX.html

And there's no 5.25" drive bays.

I've not altered the top panel, but I have sealed all the holes in the rad bracket using electrical tape and black card. I've also added rubber washers behind the mounting bars on the front panel to increase how far it stands off, allowing for greater air intake See here. This dropped temps for me by around 8 degrees.

Good to know, I'll seal up the bracket and see how it goes :)

Soldato
Thanks for the info. It seems you can't buy a top end case without a window these days and an optical bay is rare.

I'll be sticking with my venerable old TJ09 for a while yet then.

Never understood the whole windows and lights on a pc thing. Similar to sticking lights under your car i guess. Each to their own :p

Last edited:
Soldato
Looks like I will be joining this illustrious owners group... Didn't want to spend this much on a case... but after weeks of looking at them I've just fallen for it, I must adorn my desk with one! Ordered a glass windowed one in gunmetal. Hopefully have this built by Wednesday evening. I'm more excited by this than I probably should be.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Really impressed by the dust collection filter on this case, collects more dust than previous cases (inc the Corsair 650D) I have had. There's still a minimal amount of dust that gets into the case, but that is eiisly cleared.

rps20170131_175556_924.jpg

Man of Honour
^ very nice :)

Having owned this case for 6 month now, am I the only one that seems to find the steel amplifies the noise inside? I've got a d5 photon 170 pump (below) and it's too noisy for my liking. Pump is on second from lowest setting . I wondered if anyone else has experienced the same. I had another d5 the pump in another case and it was no where near like this. Any tips?

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/xspc-d5-photon-170-reservoir-pump-combo-wc-272-xs.html

Soldato
^ very nice :)

Having owned this case for 6 month now, am I the only one that seems to find the steel amplifies the noise inside? I've got a d5 photon 170 pump (below) and it's too noisy for my liking. Pump is on second from lowest setting . I wondered if anyone else has experienced the same. I had another d5 the pump in another case and it was no where near like this. Any tips?

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/xspc-d5-photon-170-reservoir-pump-combo-wc-272-xs.html

I have the D5 Alphacool VPP655 and I can barely hear it at 1800-2000RPM. Could be the Photon is noisier though, amongst all D5 pumps they do vary. That said, I think you are right in that the case reverberates noise more than some other cases due to its construction.

Soldato
Well this arrived just after lunchtime. What better to do with my afternoon off!:D
20170201_143912_zpsryfwrvjr.jpg

It sure does look pretty in the flesh!
20170201_144251_zpswv4jncfm.jpg

20170201_220257_zpsfpnwah9t.jpg

Please excuse the terrible photos, light in the room is terrible.
Not finished as such, still got some work to do on it at the weekend, cabling in the other side is a mess, so will probably end up completely rewiring, really considering some new White ML140's for the Rad. Also need some longer Sata data cables to mount SSD's properly, my current ones are particularly short.

After building it up i'm so so tempted to go back to a proper WC setup but thats one for another time.

So impressed with the finish, some pretty hefty solid metal work, and the Tempered glass side panels are just gorgeous when backlit, and its so much quieter than my S340 was. As much as i liked the NZXT s340 that this replaced, its just not a patch on the Evolv, construction, materials, finish all just ooze quality.

The only one thing that i could fault it on so far was a small chip on the inner edge of one of the Glass panels, absolutely not visible when fitted, and in my opinion just not worth the hassle of having to RMA/send stuff off wait for it to come back etc etc etc, I just dont have time to deal with that and it works so i'm happy.:)

RSR

RSR

Soldato
Has anyone else notice who is running a rad at the top of the case how toast it gets, as ive been looking in to methods other than making holes in the top of the the case or does anyone have any tips?

Soldato
had same problem with my Luxe, in the end just took the top panel off. Temps are 5c better with it off. Looks crap but no one sees it lol

Soldato
Has anyone else notice who is running a rad at the top of the case how toast it gets, as ive been looking in to methods other than making holes in the top of the the case or does anyone have any tips?
First port of call seems to be blanking off any gaps up top that can recirculate hot air into main compartment, which is a job i have planned for tomorrow.
I've noticed a couple of degree ride in temps in comparison to my old case under both load and idle, nothing to cause concern but i'd like to optimise temps as much as possible.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
First port of call seems to be blanking off any gaps up top that can recirculate hot air into main compartment, which is a job i have planned for tomorrow.
I've noticed a couple of degree ride in temps in comparison to my old case under both load and idle, nothing to cause concern but i'd like to optimise temps as much as possible.

Ahh cool, ill give that ago today and see how I get one with it. :D

Soldato
Blanking off gaps helps, as air cannot escape back down in to case then, but the restrictive openings, especially with the mesh, means there is always going to be some hot boxing in the top. Removing the mesh can help slightly also, but if you have fans on intake that's not really what you want as you'll just be bringing in dust. Cutting the top panel is really the best approach, albeit drastic, but Phanteks did not design this case with great airflow in mind, particularly for those of us watercooling. If I watercool my GPU that's what I will do, although not sure on best method yet. A circular saw drill bit is probably the way to go, file down and add some mesh.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
I've just made the changes, so ill test it now.

IMG_1886_zpsolc4gck8.jpg

If it works ill get some plastic made up so its a lot more elegant than using some electrical tape. :D

RSR

RSR

Soldato
It seems in general use the temps have dropped around 4/5c and there is noticeably more airflow from the top vents.

Back
Top Bottom