Soldato
I'm looking for recommendations for evolv x cables:

- SATA data cables. I'm looking at some red, braided corsair straight cables.
- For PSU cables (just bought the Corsair HXi 750) I'm looking at the corsair pro braided or cablemod. Any recommendations?

Associate
Anyone else tempted to switch from a Evolv X to a P500A? When i built my Evolv X build my PC was water cooled I've since switched back to Air and wonder if i'd see improved temps. Id go for the super clean std P500 air

Associate
Wondering if anyone else has had a repetitive humming issue with the two front facing stock fans? Purchased a P600s last week, built fine with a Noctua NH-D15 cooler and left the case fans in stock positions connected to the built in fan controller. The humming is really noticeable with the case positioned at desk height, especially if the front dust cover is removed. The stock fans are 3 pin, wondering if upgrading them to PWM would make a difference?

Soldato
Wondering if anyone else has had a repetitive humming issue with the two front facing stock fans? Purchased a P600s last week, built fine with a Noctua NH-D15 cooler and left the case fans in stock positions connected to the built in fan controller. The humming is really noticeable with the case positioned at desk height, especially if the front dust cover is removed. The stock fans are 3 pin, wondering if upgrading them to PWM would make a difference?

I thought they were controllable by connecting them to the controller providing the mobo supports it?

Soldato
It's the way they cut the metal to hold the fans,it's very flexible,I have the hum with corsair ml 140mm pwn fans if the are run at over 1400 rpm.
I haven't moved the fans since I put them in the case so maybe try moving them up or down to see it that works.
They only way I've had the hum was the weather was hot and I ran the front fans faster.

Soldato
Just want to give a shout out to Vincent over at DEMCIFLEX for sending me for free a updated version of the top fan filter for my phantek evolv x,as you can see in the second photo there where no holes for the rad bracket support thumbscrews so I had to poke two holes to sort this out,and the new version has this now.
So once again many thanks for the great support.

20200706-113214.jpg

20200706-113129.jpg

20200706-113135.jpg

20200715-102456.jpg

Associate
It's the way they cut the metal to hold the fans,it's very flexible,I have the hum with corsair ml 140mm pwn fans if the are run at over 1400 rpm.
I haven't moved the fans since I put them in the case so maybe try moving them up or down to see it that works.
They only way I've had the hum was the weather was hot and I ran the front fans faster.

I'm going to give my PC a long over due dusting over the weekend, Will try remounting my front fans using M5 Screw cups to see if it improves the rigidity and reduces the hum a little bit?

I'm going to give my PC a long over due dusting over the weekend, Will try remounting my front fans using M5 Screw cups to see if it improves the rigidity and reduces the hum a little bit?

I used rubber grommets to attach 3x Arctic P14s and also put a little strip of mouse mat rubber inbetween the fans to stop them contacting each other. No vibration even at full speed.

Back
Top Bottom