Pic: Your desk...RIGHT NOW

desk.JPG

258VF8rh.jpg

This is where I listen to most of my music too; related kit is NAD D3020 (hidden away on top of the PC tower there), Wharfedale Diamond 10.1, and Sennheiser HD555.

That's an IKEA desk isn't it?

I want that but it's out of stock. Did you secure the drawers to the top or just balance it on top?

I was going to get drawers at one end and legs at the other

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine's the same desk I think, but with the white top. It just sits on top - it's very stable. If you get the longer top there's also a leg supporting in the middle.

MaDesk.jpg

That's an IKEA desk isn't it?

I want that but it's out of stock. Did you secure the drawers to the top or just balance it on top?

I was going to get drawers at one end and legs at the other

Ikea drawer units but solid oak kitchen worktop as the actual desk. The Ikea kitchen worktops weren't deep enough for me.

I've secured the worktop to the wall so that I can remove the drawers if I need to.

This is perfect!

I can't find that table top on ikeas website though - I'm assuming it is from there?

Do you know what model it was? Maybe they've discontinued it

I got the table top from bay, the don't sell them in IKEA. It's a prime oak work top and I applied three coats of medium oak danish oil to it to get the darker colour and gloss effect.

I got the table top from bay, the don't sell them in IKEA. It's a prime oak work top and I applied three coats of medium oak danish oil to it to get the darker colour and gloss effect.

It was well worth it. The glossy effect looks brilliant.

Do you think a top from ikea would turn out the same if I put that oil on it that you used?

Thanks

I'm not too sure to be honest as I think they already come treated and some are also hybrid so aren't a completely solid piece of wood. When the worktop arrived it was very light in colour, so I couldn't say it would have the same affect.

Thanks

I'm not too sure to be honest as I think they already come treated and some are also hybrid so aren't a completely solid piece of wood. When the worktop arrived it was very light in colour, so I couldn't say it would have the same affect.

Just bought this from eBay for £140. It's being cut down to 170cm in length and I will buy the two drawer units from Ikea when I pass there on Monday.

6HNipWs.jpg

Back
Top Bottom