1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pic: Your desk...RIGHT NOW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gurusan, Mar 1, 2007.

1. LuckyBenski

Mobster

Looks like a Google Home Hub but I could be wrong.

2. Steedie

Man of Honour

It is :)

Used to be upstairs but handy to have in my office now so I can see who’s at the door or acknowledge the delivery drivers when they leave stuff at the door

3. dymetrie

Wise Guy

Cool, thanks.

Looking for a bedside clock that I'll be able to see at night when unbespectacled but the wife won't let a Google device into the bedroom (our nest hub lives in the kitchen).

4. no idea what

Sgarrista

Took my PC outside for a clean with some compressed air. Fitted a LL140 fan but realised I have no RGB ports left, and thanks to Corsair's awful design need another 6-way hub to make one extra fan work.

[​IMG]

5. LuckyBenski

Mobster

You can bodge one yourself if you want. The 6 way hub just daisy chains the connectors - Corsair has an extra pin for data return, which gets passed to the normal data pin of the next plug.

6. no idea what

Sgarrista

Interesting. Will look into that. The hubs are only a tenner though at least. Just frustrating.

7. Carl_Bennetts

Wise Guy

Well last night this was my desk :)
    [​IMG]

8. robfosters

Caporegime

That’s epic!

What wall lights are they?

9. Carl_Bennetts

Wise Guy

Thanks @robfosters

Should check out my insta gamer account - not sure if i can post it here though.

10. Carl_Bennetts

Wise Guy

The triangle panel's are Nanoleaf and the little hex lights are Cololight Pro

11. Phate

Caporegime

I really want nanoleaf but damn, they are rip off money IMO

12. mollymoo

Mobster

The pictures aren't hung straight, very unlike you :)

13. LiE

Capodecina

So some changes, as usual ;)

The Kanto speakers have a new OcUK home, I wanted to move to an amp and passive speakers so I now have a Sabaj A3 amp/DAC and Q Acoustic 3010i setup, really good and they look stunning.

My watercooled PC I sold to my brother. It was a good project but ultimately overkill for what I needed. I'm finding less time to game and less enjoyment so the setup is geared more to productivity now. The monitor is an LG 4K because I spend most of the day looking at code/text/web/office.

Swapped the Razer Viper Ultimate for a Logitech G603, wanted something a little more palm and mega battery life.

I have plans for a new chair soon too.

[​IMG]

New PC lives under the desk now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3600x, B450 Tomahawk MAX, 16GB 3600 C16 RAM, Red Devil 5700XT, Meshify C and lots of Be Quiet! cooling.

14. mrk

Man of Terrible Jokes

Oh they are, I used both a ruler and a spirit level when aligning them to the point the centre point is the exact same distance from each side wall :p

They are hung using wire behind though so naturally over time through vibrations on the dry wall will shift and move small amounts. I adjust them every few months.

15. Wizzfizz

Capodecina

That makes no difference if the wall is out

16. mollymoo

Mobster

You need a full length spacer to go in between the two when resetting them :)

17. Junglist

Soldato

I think when we move into the house I'll be going for a set up very similar to this. I'm on the fence right now about getting a 60% keyboard but as I'm working from home so much I think I'll miss the numpad, but i hate the numpad being there when gaming!

Totally copying your speakers and amplifier set up too. Can't wait til I don't have to use headphones again!

18. LiE

Capodecina

I wouldn't recommend a 60% keyboard, 65% is the sweet spot. Still get arrow keys, home, del, pgup/down. A numpad is good if you do a lot of work with numbers, but you can just buy a separate one if needed.

Numpad is an issue for me anytime I'm using my mouse, it's a much more neutral position for my arms.

19. Junglist

Soldato

Ah sorry 65% is the one I meant! It was a ducky I was looking at to replace my full size ducky.

The same happens for me if I'm playing a FPS the amount of times I hit the keyboard really winds me up!

20. fobose

Mobster