Pic: Your desk...RIGHT NOW

Soldato
Will be adding a Stream Deck in a week or two and making a base for the headphone stand but the basics of this have been pretty consistent for the last couple of years.

ZWHXedG.jpg
I have a feeling I know the answer to this question as the quality/thickness of the desk looks excellent - but where did you buy your desk? Or, perhaps, more realistically, - where did you buy the cabinets for the ash(?) worktop. And if it is a worktop did they do it in 900mm as ideally i would want 750/800mm.

Looks great for hand built, as you even have a backboard(?)

Soldato
Made my own standing desk using a Linak Df1 (well, a Flomotion "skyflo" which is a rebadged linak), and a solid walnut 40mm worktop, 160x80cm deep but to size by Worktop Express. I finished the edges with a router, sanded smooth, and applied 3 coats of rustins oil

Hjt7Z82.jpeg

8t1Xg9k.jpeg

83zup0J.jpeg

uMKBqB7.jpeg

Will eventually replace my mismatched monitors with a 34" ultrawide but they do for now.

Need to find a rug to replace the ikea desk mat, that is smooth enough for chair. Carpet is way too thick.

Last edited:
Soldato
Made my own standing desk using a Linak Df1 (well, a Flomotion "skyflo" which is a rebadged linak), and a solid walnut 40mm worktop, 160x80cm deep but to size by Worktop Express. I finished the edges with a router, sanded smooth, and applied 3 coats of rustins oil

Hjt7Z82.jpeg

8t1Xg9k.jpeg

83zup0J.jpeg

uMKBqB7.jpeg

Will eventually replace my mismatched monitors with a 34" ultrawide but they do for now.

Need to find a rug to replace the ikea desk mat, that is smooth enough for chair. Carpet is way too thick.

Worktop looks great. They didn't have an option to do the pencil finishing for you?

Associate
I have a feeling I know the answer to this question as the quality/thickness of the desk looks excellent - but where did you buy your desk? Or, perhaps, more realistically, - where did you buy the cabinets for the ash(?) worktop. And if it is a worktop did they do it in 900mm as ideally i would want 750/800mm.

Looks great for hand built, as you even have a backboard(?)

Hi there, it's a fully custom fit from a company called Hammonds. Not sure of the maximum width unfortunately :(

Yes indeed, it does have a backboard / vanity panel which works well to cover up a multitude of cabling sins.

Soldato
IMG20230405084207-01.jpg

Soldato
Hi there, it's a fully custom fit from a company called Hammonds. Not sure of the maximum width unfortunately :(

Yes indeed, it does have a backboard / vanity panel which works well to cover up a multitude of cabling sins.
Thanks - I've heard of Hammonds; good reputation.

And I, too, would certainly need a vanity panel - or one of those under-desk cable tidies.

Man of Honour

I ended up buying a polycarbonate chair mat for medium carpets (it is hard to find a decently rigid one - most of the cheaper ones or those you get from high street stores the chair wheels will sink slightly into) and spray adhesive attaching a barrier mat to it - looks a bit utilitarian but beats any other solution I've found that allows smooth movement but not too much movement, low noise.

Soldato
Nsemye1.jpg

Moved my room around. It was quite cramped before as the rig was on the left hand side and desk along the far back wall. This is a much better use of the space, makes it feel a lot bigger

Much prefer the desk being here as well
How do you find the chair, contemplating pulling the trigger, plus they have 25% off for another week or two.

Soldato
Kanto S2, always liked these stands instead of wedges. The MR4 are pretty good, enjoying the extra bass over the Presonus I was using, I also feel like they give better stereo imaging.

How long is that desk? Is it an IKEA 186x63.5 jobby?

Although it looks like you sit off to one edge rather than in the middle.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom