Pic: Your desk...RIGHT NOW

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
That's an even better price with that offer, I got it for £42 :o

Silver is the black one yeah, black handles and housing, silver faceplate but also comes with white handle plates and white faceplate for customisation.

Caporegime
@mrk

What bluetooth dongle do you use? I always found bluetooth controllers to be poor and distance subpar which is why I stuck with the xbox one controller with the official adapter.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
How do you keep an eye on 4 splits when you have only 2 eyes?!

@mrk

What bluetooth dongle do you use? I always found bluetooth controllers to be poor and distance subpar which is why I stuck with the xbox one controller with the official adapter.
A good bluetooth adapter on both computer and controller is important, I have this:

It's got a proper Realtek BT 5.3 chipset so works out of the box and is very stable too.

Though I don't use bluetooth for controllers as these controllers also support and come with their own USB 2.4GHz dongles which has lower latency etc.

Caporegime
How do you keep an eye on 4 splits when you have only 2 eyes?!

A good bluetooth adapter on both computer and controller is important, I have this:

It's got a proper Realtek BT 5.3 chipset so works out of the box and is very stable too.

Though I don't use bluetooth for controllers as these controllers also support and come with their own USB 2.4GHz dongles which has lower latency etc.

Ah I thought it was Bluetooth only! May give the controller a go then, thanks.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Even the cheapest GameSir Nova Lite supports both 2.4GHz and bluetooth! I wouldn't entertain any controller that only had one though as that's cutting serious corners.

Soldato
For all the folks with super nice setups - are you modelling it on anything or just getting lucky? I need to design my "future office" and I am stuck for inspiration through the usual channels so using this thread predominantly :D

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Modelling?!
For all the folks with super nice setups - are you modelling it on anything or just getting lucky? I need to design my "future office" and I am stuck for inspiration through the usual channels so using this thread predominantly :D
Just place stuff around and take a step back, if it looks nice then job done :D

that's what I do anyway, then end up measuring how far apart each side is for symmetry and get stuck in a rut when one side is longer than the other etc :cry:

Man of Honour

I spend too many hours scrolling through Reddits r/battlestations and youtube gaming room setup videos, taking the best bits of those I most like. The videos were particularly useful for cable management solutions.

Last edited:
Soldato
Modelling?!

Just place stuff around and take a step back, if it looks nice then job done :D

that's what I do anyway, then end up measuring how far apart each side is for symmetry and get stuck in a rut when one side is longer than the other etc :cry:
Yeah I agree for the most part --- but I am doing first fix electrics soon so power in interesting places to avoid trailing cables etc. is a possibility.

I spend too many hours scrolling through Reddits r/battlestations and youtube gaming room setup videos, taking the best bits of those I most like.
Ah yes! I had forgotten that sub. Thanks!

JRJ

JRJ

Associate
That's an even better price with that offer, I got it for £42 :o

Silver is the black one yeah, black handles and housing, silver faceplate but also comes with white handle plates and white faceplate for customisation.
Great stuff, jumped back up to £51.99 as you replied but back to £31.99 this morning, I'll see where it is when I get back from my travels.

Reactions: mrk

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
MX Keys Mini added now.

DSCF4213.jpg

DSCF4214.jpg

Dup

Dup

Soldato
I don’t have the courage for blue wallpaper!

Brave enough to own a printer in 2024 mind you. I assume you use it often enough for it to not just be a faff every time you use it!

Lovely clean setup though, I like it. I need to get my office sorted. I want to go the worktop route to custom fit a desk in the space I have but solid wood worktop seems to get very spendy very quickly. Then I can mount my monitor and have space for some speakers and maybe for my son to build his Lego. Should be a fun project, need to book up Fusion 360 and do some planning!

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Couldn’t be without my printer, all those return/postage labels!
:eek: I have not had to print a single return label in the last 2 years! Amazon's QR code and boxless/labellless service to drop off items at any post office or Evri dropoff point (local Tesco Express, Premier corner shop etc) has been the best thing ever :D

Back
Top Bottom