[PIC_THREAD] Macro

Caporegime
A couple of new ones, plus a pair that probably should've been in this thread to start with!

Sony a580, Tamron 90mm AF F/2.8 macro (plus No 2 Minolta closeup lens for the first image), Vivitar Macroflash 5000.

very nice pics, i really like number 1

i can see myself ending up with the canon 5x macro at some point :(

Soldato
Stop these 100L macro pics now, my wallet cannot bear it anymore ! :)

Hah yeah :) it was the first lens I got myself after I got my 650d and I haven't regretted it! High MP is definitely a bonus when you can crop down and still have some nice sharp images.

That being said, I'm quite likely to order myself some tubes too soon hehe. Maybe it'll save me ordering an MP-65

Soldato
Sawfly larva

caterpillar4.jpg

Caporegime
It was my first lens too

I have been using a 400d and the lack of mp is noticeable on cropping

Need to order a 7d or 70d this coming week

Caporegime
Well my vote is definitely for the 70d :D

tbh i think it will be, its lighter (not for the wallet!) new digic5, betetr noise at high iso?? SD card vs CF, cheaper there, better battery and few more MPs for macro helping, screen looks useful with swivel

basically a newer cam

Caporegime
Sounds good, did you decide on the 70d? It something i'm considering getting but still out of my price range at the mo.

no i havent, im going to order tonight, the 70d is not far off double the price of the 60d, i was really a bit disappointed in what it turned out to be so thought i would go with the 60d reluctantly
all the benefits seem to be on the video side, and i dont think i will be the sort to watch videos back
i also felt in the end the 7d was a bit to old to get as a new camera, if i was getting that i would probably just stump up the extra for the 70d

Associate
Similar situation, i'm not interested in video at all on a dslr i just want all out still performance within my budget. I keep looking at 2nd hand 50d / 60d and there are some bargains to be had and i think would compliment my aging but still capable 40d.

5nmb.jpg

Back
Top Bottom