[PIC_THREAD] Weddings

Soldato
johanna-1-4.jpg

Really like these.

Have a Wedding coming up tomorrow at a venue that isn't very inspiring at all,Add to this the time between end of service and the sit down meal is 1hr 40mins.. will have to be on top form tomorrow! :(

Man of Honour
Thanks!

A26A9056.jpg

I wasn't sure about this at first but after sleeping on it for a few nights I've come to the decision that it works. The frames dotted around are of the bride so a story is told here, the landscape outside captures the day and the room itself hasn't changed in years so has personal value.

All I wanted to do was get a far angle with the 35 and open the blinds to get some more light in lol but it worked out better than expected.

Man of Honour
Thanks!
Chris played some good music and sang with great skill :)

The 430EX Mk1 was used to light that hall for those shots, years on it's still delivering great results!

E:

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Thread revival!

Largely a clear day with patchy clouds rolling fast above resulting in random moments of shade then direct sunlight. Played some funny games with metering a few times but I'll manage.

What a great day though.

A26A4663_Edit.jpg

A26A4889.jpg

A26A4660.jpg

A26A4704.jpg

A26A4743.jpg

A26A4744.jpg

A26A4794.jpg

A26A4915.jpg

A26A5345.jpg

A26A5636.jpg

A26A5709.jpg

Man of Honour
Those buses are cool and what a funky wedding car too! I remember one from a while back the B%G were HHGTTG fans and throughout the day the whole theme had references dotted around :D

Nice images, made of of the bright weather for sure :cool:

Soldato
Those buses are cool and what a funky wedding car too! I remember one from a while back the B%G were HHGTTG fans and throughout the day the whole theme had references dotted around :D

Nice images, made of of the bright weather for sure :cool:

Thanks mrk, yes we got a little lucky with the weather that weekend!

Haha got to love a fun theme at weddings, it's great when they aren't too formal. We actually recommended the car and bus from a previous wedding we did. Certainly makes a change from the usual.

I'm desperate for a wedding down by the sea/on a boat after seeing some of yours and Raymonds recent weddings!

Soldato

Out of curiosity, what camera bags are you guys using?

Currently use a Billingham Hadley pro, however I don't find it suited for weddings at all. I really like the look of the messenger style bags. It'd be great to throw it over my shoulder and carry on taking photos. I find the billingham a pain to get in and out and far too bulky.

It would need to hold 5D3 with 24-70, 70-200 & a speedlite with space for spare batteries and cards.

Man of Honour
I have a big Tamrac backpack I take with me to weddings and things then leave it in a corner somewhere and sling over a sidebag (a Pentax one in fact :p), it's small but big enough to house 2 lenses and a flashgun + batteries. Makes things a whole load easier when pootling around doing my candid shots throughout the day.

Back
Top Bottom