A26A5822.jpg

A26A5789.jpg

A26A5885.jpg

A26A5895.jpg

A26A6056.jpg

A26A6003.jpg

And let's end with cake.
A26A5992.jpg

A couple of hours passed at the last two and from here on the light was awesomely warm. Couldn't have hoped for a nicer day!

Last edited:
Associate
Thanks guys, the day went from everyone running late and nothing happening to full on photo-fest, so not much time to think but I reckon I got most of the shots I had in mind.

I tried to go for the popular subtle vintage style editing but with a bit more vibrancy in the colours and then my usual B&W preset. I've never really used flash either so I'm quite pleased with how the night/dance shots turned out.

Soldato
First wedding shot solely on my own C&C please

Advice on these would be greatly appreciated, its quite clear in a couple where I went wrong with a few minor mistakes. Any views/comments would be fab :)

vqkoNWa.jpg

AMfhLA7.jpg

sGCPACZ.jpg

1GdbFxy.jpg

0p6OvLn.jpg

Man of Honour
Didn't want to use fill flash and lose the atmosphere of the illumination from the sparklers so ISO3200 had to do. No noise reduction :D

A26A7142.jpg

Bride was moving her sparkler quite quick so looks like she's not holding one!

Soldato
I'd be tempted to crop the mirror out but other than your reflection (lovely as your figure is, it breaks focus imo) that's such a lovely composition... Not sure what I'd do there..

Mp4

Mp4

Soldato
Super images here! Something to aspire too! I did my first wedding a few months back with a 5D3 +24-70mm+ 70-200 I still have a lot to learn!!

Specially with settings for the 5D , and knowing more about the shutter/focal length to get shaper images.

It's really hard to keep up with shooting and getting people to pay for services/time

Last edited:
Soldato
Super images here! Something to aspire too! I did my first wedding a few months back with a 5D3 +24-70mm+ 70-200 I still have a lot to learn!!

Specially with settings for the 5D , and knowing more about the shutter/focal length to get shaper images.

It's really hard to keep up with shooting and getting people to pay for services/time

If you don't have very much of a portfolio it is very difficult to get work. You need to start low-end and maybe even do some for free. Also if you can't show them weddings, you should be able to show them portraits, products, landscapes architecture etc. They will be much more inclined to trust you if you show them you are competent behind the camera. If you don't feel you are competent you shouldn't be shooting peoples weddings even for free imo.

PS
If you are using aperture priority and not full manual, then you may as well use auto ISO and set your minimum shutter speed with the auto ISO settings. This will help avoid blur if you forget to up ISO in low light, and it will stop you blowing out the images if you forget to lower ISO in bright light.

Mp4

Mp4

Soldato
If you don't have very much of a portfolio it is very difficult to get work. You need to start low-end and maybe even do some for free. Also if you can't show them weddings, you should be able to show them portraits, products, landscapes architecture etc. They will be much more inclined to trust you if you show them you are competent behind the camera. If you don't feel you are competent you shouldn't be shooting peoples weddings even for free imo.

PS
If you are using aperture priority and not full manual, then you may as well use auto ISO and set your minimum shutter speed with the auto ISO settings. This will help avoid blur if you forget to up ISO in low light, and it will stop you blowing out the images if you forget to lower ISO in bright light.

Not used AV for ages, fully manual and tend normally to use 200-400 iso just for normal outdoor/landscape use to keep shutter above 125th sec these days. And like to use between 2.8 to 5.6/f as i find that range for my 24-70 nice and sharp.

I do landscapes as a hobby, and then more baby portraits than anything elsel i feel very competent behind the 5D now than before when i had it the first few weeks. moving from a 400D was a huge shock.

maybe im just aiming too high and want the 1 to 2k weddings too soon (i've done a few for friends) and have a few booked for next year and 2015 lol. A photographer friend who's been doing weddings for 18 years just says it takes time. So im going to have a price change and re think about everything over the weekend.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom