Picked up a LG OLED55B6V

Soldato
Your a strange one:D , but you made the best choice.

Oh yes I'm strange..... :D

I'm also very indecisive.....

Also hats off to Argos customer service. Best I have experienced in a long while. I can just imagine asking Currys response to reduce the price of a tv by nearly £200 and chuck in a free soundbar would be... lol

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm generally not known

Nope just Currys agreed to refund my Ks7000 in full. I have the new tv now from Currys just need to set it up again....

How did you manage that in currys? I reluctantly got my C6 from there but only because nowhere else does this model with 3D/Curve and the LG chipset. I did buy online though so I have 14 days to cancel.

Soldato
Very nice store manager and it had the back panel coming away slightly..... Full £1299 towards the OLED.... Cost me £350 to swap.....

Just setting it up now...

Suspended
There seems to be an issue with the latest lot of Nvidia drivers and possibly the windows 10 creator update.

My display driver crashes with my monitor and TV connected, I can only do one or the other at the moment.

Generally I found 8 bit Full RGB looked better for games than 12bit YRcBr 420

I tried another cable and getting the same issue, so yeah, either TV/firmware or graphics card/driver related. Deep colour mode just causes too many issues here.

Bit disappointing but we can't have everything I guess.

Soldato
Have to say this one seems a lot better than the last one. Using ISF Bright out the box gives a fantastic picture with far less tweaking needed. Shadow detail seems a lot better too....

Soldato
Well I've finally got the C6 setup and all I can say is wow why didn't I get one sooner?! Immediately noticed how deep the blacks are and how great the image looks. The OS is snappy and very easy to use, the viewing angles are stunning and I am pleasantly surprised at how good the curved screen looks. The Mrs hasn't had a bad word to say about it so far unlike the KS7000/8000 and 9305 - she immediately noticed flaws for someone who claims she has no interest in this sort of thing! :D
Anyway it's only been on a few hours and the only thing I've touched so far is setting the HDMI Deep colour option to on for the ARC HDMI port that goes to my amp, not even had chance to update the bloody thing as the other half has been watching MasterChef! Even the out of the box settings to my eyes don't look too shabby! It really feels like a premium product and so far it's worth every penny!

Soldato
I looked at the curve but tbh I was not overly fussed on the curve and for some reason it only has 3 HDMI ports from what I could tell. Other than that it seemed the same so went flat.... again...

Soldato
Have to say this one seems a lot better than the last one. Using ISF Bright out the box gives a fantastic picture with far less tweaking needed. Shadow detail seems a lot better too....

Did you say what source material you were seeing the shadow detail problem with ?
I had wondered if you were using a ub900 from a 4k disc, in which case the recent Panasonic patches to allow hdr to be re-mapped for different ambiant light settings might have been the solution

Back
Top Bottom