Picked up a LG OLED55B6V

Soldato
Im still watching some old bbc comedies on dvd on my OLED55C6V and i have to say it does a very good job considering the resolution and age of the programs:)

Soldato
You're better off with a 1080p set if you watch a lot of SD content. In France everything is HD now. The uk has some catching up to do!

It's there if you're prepared to pay for the channels. I haven't watched SD content of any kind for years now.

I've been close to picking up a 65B6 for a while now - going to wait to see what the HDR gaming patch does and try and hold on for CES in a few weeks and see what the new models bring first.

Caporegime
According to Rtings, standard input lag is 44ms at 1080p60 and 43ms at 2160p60

So I was genuinely surprised about input lag when I finally got to test it

A) That I didn't notice any lag at all during 4K PC gaming whilst playing GTA V and Battlefield 1 (single player) - I use a wireless Xbox One controller.

B) That the input lag on Forza Horizon 3 HDR (which is apparently up to 67ms!) was only mildly noticeable.

So the firmware update will be a good thing, but the TV (for me) is fine anyway.

I'm sure If I was using a mouse and keyboard, and not a controller, I would notice it a lot more as twitch mouse movements are pretty much instantaneous with a mouse.

Caporegime
I was fiddling about yesterday, I basically plan to use Expert Dark and Expert Bright modes depending on conditions but with 'Standard Dynamic range' content (i.e most stuff) it should be set to normal

With HDR or Dolby Vision, it should be set to wide.

TV should save all the settings independently, but you can only change HDR settings when you are watching something in HDR.

Associate
OP
I was fiddling about yesterday, I basically plan to use Expert Dark and Expert Bright modes depending on conditions but with 'Standard Dynamic range' content (i.e most stuff) it should be set to normal

With HDR or Dolby Vision, it should be set to wide.

TV should save all the settings independently, but you can only change HDR settings when you are watching something in HDR.

I tested Dolby Vision on NetFliix, the TV set the correct colour gamut.
I also tested a HDR demo from a USB memory stick, the TV set the correct colour gamut.
Finally, I tested The Grand Tour, the TV changed the input type to HDR but left the colour gamut as Normal.

Caporegime
You might find that each application has it's own settings as well?

I watched a Standard Dynamic Range show on Netflix last night (having already tested Daredevil in Dolby Vision) and noticed straight away that it was on 'Standard' settings because trumotion was on, so I cycled through to my Expert mode. Hopefully it'll save that now.

Or are you saying that every time you start the Grand Tour via Amazon, it resets the colour gamut?

Associate
OP
You might find that each application has it's own settings as well?

I watched a Standard Dynamic Range show on Netflix last night (having already tested Daredevil in Dolby Vision) and noticed straight away that it was on 'Standard' settings because trumotion was on, so I cycled through to my Expert mode. Hopefully it'll save that now.

Or are you saying that every time you start the Grand Tour via Amazon, it resets the colour gamut?

I am thinking it is the latter. I will get a video in the next day or so and show what I mean.

Caporegime
The E6 (And C6 and G6) has a different processor made by LG.

It doesn't actually affect the picture quality, though it does affect input lag (E6 is lower than the B6) and I believe it also has some extra settings for calibrators - but nothing joe-public would ever touch.

Personally I went for the 65 B6V which I got for about the same money as a 55E6V - £2459

Caporegime
Processor aside, I quite fancy dabbling in 3D as I really enjoy it at the cinema and the E6 apparently does 3D very well.

It might be one of those things that dies or I'll only watch 3 movies then get bored of it, in which case I'll have made an expensive mistake!

The sound bar has to be factored in though, as the decent Yamahas are £700+.

Back
Top Bottom