*** Pictures of things we bought in March ***

Soldato
To those who purchase ipads.... Do you upgrade to a new generation every time one comes out? Isn't there software releases that make the older models perform just as good?

Apple sure know how to make their cash from the fan boys.

Soldato
To those who purchase ipads.... Do you upgrade to a new generation every time one comes out? Isn't there software releases that make the older models perform just as good?

I'm looking at upgrading from iPad 1 think it should be a massive change

Soldato
I'm looking at upgrading from iPad 1 think it should be a massive change

It is a massive change from the 1. You're getting the massive jump in CPU power that we got with the 2, and then the quad core GPU thats in the new iPad as well... And then there's the screen :o

Defensive much? I asked a simple question about optional software upgrades or buying a completely new ipad. :confused:

iFad lol.

No, you made the question and then made a stupid comment at the end of it. It's nothing new from you with regards to apple, it's boring.

Soldato
Defensive much? I asked a simple question about optional software upgrades or buying a completely new ipad. :confused:

iFad lol.

I don't have an iPad, and wouldn't buy one at the moment. Your comment did come across as a bit ignorant and childish though.. ("cash from fanboys"..?)

The difference in display between the 2nd and 3rd gen is huge. You're not going to achieve this with software updates.

iPad2.jpg

iPad3.jpg

A Fool & His Money....:rolleyes:

A troll and his opinions.....

Last edited:
Soldato
A Fool & His Money....:rolleyes:
A fool and his money... spends it on the things he wants?

I upgrade every year on the dot. That's firstly because I ought to have latest for work purposes (overseeing app design), and secondly because I am obsessed with technology and Apple fanboy in general. Even if I didn't need to for work, I probably still would.

Each time I upgrade I'd only 'lose' about 40% of its value, and that's by selling to a recycling service like O2 Recycle. I could probably get a better deal on eBay, but this is less hassle, I don't have to mind too much about the condition (O2 Recycle doesn't care about scratches or markings) and I get to keep a spare charger.

On a £580 iPad, it essentially costs me £20 a month to own the 'latest' iPad at the time, which is a price worth paying to 'have the latest' to me (setting aside the requirement to have the latest for work purposes).

£500 for a browser..lol
For me it is £580 for an electronic reader (email, Flipboard and The Times) first and coffee-table computer second. And it's worth every penny :)

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't have an iPad, and wouldn't buy one at the moment. Your comment did come across as a bit ignorant and childish though.. ("cash from fanboys"..?)

The difference in display between the 2nd and 3rd gen is huge. You're not going to achieve this with software updates.

iPad2.jpg

iPad3.jpg

A troll and his opinions.....

To be fair, when holding it at normal lengths your not going to see a huge difference.

Soldato
I don't have an iPad 3 but I've no doubt the screen is obviously better.

After getting my iPhone 4 I don't use my iPad 2 much because the screen is far worse.

Back
Top Bottom