Pimax 8k is live

Caporegime
My 5K+ arrived today and very pleased overall with it. SDE is so so much better and have to look hard to see pixels. I could do with proper lighthouses in truth, as my Rift one's don't work, neither do the controllers but no biggie, as I bought this for Elite and it works well in that. Someone mentioned blacks are not great and I do agree. Not bad enough to put me off though but deffo could be better.

Soldato
My 5K+ arrived today and very pleased overall with it. SDE is so so much better and have to look hard to see pixels. I could do with proper lighthouses in truth, as my Rift one's don't work, neither do the controllers but no biggie, as I bought this for Elite and it works well in that. Someone mentioned blacks are not great and I do agree. Not bad enough to put me off though but deffo could be better.

You are probably better off without lighthouses - my 5k doesn't work with them anyway

Associate
Having sent my 8K back to day for RMA, I'm back in the Rift...and now I see how good the 8K is, SDE and looking through binoculars is really disappointing after a week with the 8K. Issues aside it's a cracking upgrade to the Rift. Fingers crossed I can get a replacement quickly!

Associate
Having sent my 8K back to day for RMA, I'm back in the Rift...and now I see how good the 8K is, SDE and looking through binoculars is really disappointing after a week with the 8K. Issues aside it's a cracking upgrade to the Rift. Fingers crossed I can get a replacement quickly!

Not bad, replacement arrives on Monday, I'm pleasantly surprised!

Associate
Finally got my 5K+ in. A bit underwhelmed. The field of view isn't making as huge of a difference as I thought it would. Plus basically no clarity increase over my Vive Pro. And a ton of god rays. I'll give it more time to see if it grows on me after I tweak it.

Associate
I found you don't really see the difference until you go back to your old headset...for me that was a Rift so both clarity and FOV are a big step up with the 8K.

Back
Top Bottom