Plane Spotters / Flight Radar Thread

Man of Honour
Which flight? Is it the Jet2 that's diverted from Bristol?

Nah KL685 but it seems to be continuing - something wasn't sounding right with the engine(s) when they were over me though.

EDIT: Some issue with is yesterday as well and some weird flight data - FlightAware is different to FR24.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Just a note, ADSB Exchange has been sold. Apparently to a private equity firm.
The discord channel isn’t very happy!

Lot of people in OSINT communities, etc. not happy as well, though there isn't much indicator what direction it will go in the future but private equity firms aren't generally known for acting in the best interest of the users.

Commissario
Yup, confirmed. The biggest community unfiltered platform has basically been sold out.

The owner, Dan Streufert has sold adsbx (adsb exchange) to Jetnet for around $8M. adsbx has always been very vocal about providing unfiltered traffic to anyone who wants it for free and has replied on the generosity of feeders who give their data.

Details here. The very vocal James from adsbx has been fired and all the existing devs are on contract for the next few months.

What an absolute git this Dan is.

If anyone feeds to adsbx, I suggest you consider stop feeding. Your data is now going to a commercial organisation rather than a free, open source project.

Log on to your pi and run this command:

sudo bash /usr/local/share/adsbexchange/uninstall.sh

If that doesn't do anything, it's because you've got an older version of the adsbx feeder so you can stop it like this:

sudo systemctl disable --now adsbexchange-feed
sudo systemctl disable --now adsbexchange-mlat

or

sudo systemctl stop adsbexchange-feed.service
sudo systemctl stop adsbexchange-mlat.service
sudo systemctl stop adsbexchange-stats.service
sudo systemctl disable adsbexchange-feed.service
sudo systemctl disable adsbexchange-mlat.service
sudo systemctl disable adsbexchange-stats.service

And to check that you've stopped, go here and make sure it says "No feeder connection"

Soldato
Unsubbed my station. Gives me a chance to re do it to be fair, wonder if something new will pop up? Although I also feed to Flightradar24 so not sure if I’m being a hypocrite stopping the feed to adsbx

Associate
Hi,

I've recently discovered ADS-B Exchange in the last few months and find it really fascinating (particulary the military planes). Great to be able to locate aircraft in my local area and beyond......

I've found a few that I follow regularly. I'm uncertain how to follow an aircraft by Reg though how is this done ?

Regards

Viper10

Associate
Click the arrow at the side to expand the side bar.
Type the registration in the search box and hit search.

You can also click the "U" box at the top to filter out non military aircraft

Associate
Click the arrow at the side to expand the side bar.
Type the registration in the search box and hit search.

You can also click the "U" box at the top to filter out non military aircraft
Thats clear Thanks....

We see a lot of privately owned historic ex military aircraft flying into and out of Sleap Airfield going over, can these be ID'd using Flightradar24? Thanks.

Sleap's close to RAF Shawbury which is great for helicopter fans....

One thing I've found is there are a few of these little jet planes mostly in USA (East Coast).... Don't recognise the silhouette. Would upload a pic (from screenshot) but can't seem to do it here ?

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom