Plane Spotters / Flight Radar Thread

Man of Honour
fEtqKzE.png

"Private owner" - yeah I too have a Typhoon parked up next to the pickup in my garage :s

Associate
Soldato
Its' going all over the UK, including up to Lossiemouth.

Two of the three have no callsigns and the transponder show up intermittently :|.

Side note, I don't know why but I really like the look of the A400

Associate
My old man was a Mover in the RAF... spent his entire 35+year career loading HERCS across the world. I remember many years at Lyneham falling asleep to the droan from them doing run up tests on the Pans. Sad times.

Man of Honour
Two of the three have no callsigns and the transponder show up intermittently :|.

A400M is a beast of a plane though the noise levels are absurd and quite distinctive - I've had them come in over my house a couple of times at less than 200 feet while I've been napping :s

Associate

There may only be one transmitting as they're in formation, and thus under one callsign. In the same way you wouldn't have all 9 Red Arrows broadcasting at the same time when they're right next to each other...

Associate
Meh, they just flew west of me, prob about 10 miles or so, at FL200. I could hear them, but with the bright blue sky, neither me or my 600mm lens could see them. Was hoping they'd come a bit closer for a final pic.

Associate
Meh, they just flew west of me, prob about 10 miles or so, at FL200. I could hear them, but with the bright blue sky, neither me or my 600mm lens could see them. Was hoping they'd come a bit closer for a final pic.
Yeah the actual route was a bit crap and deviated from the suggested path given by the RAF. It completely missed the east coast of Scotland and headed to Glasgow instead.

Back
Top Bottom