PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS - Thread

Soldato
shame 27 quid is a bit rich. you expect that price from a AAA studio. this is basically a tweaked mod which was free . also if you realize how this will grow or fail is based on twitch streamers.

basically the biggest game twitch wise is H1z1 in this type of game.they have massive viewer base.they are double what this game has even though its launch day hype.so will those streamers adopt or change to this game and lose viewers ? i doubt it.

A game brought to you by the guy who designed the whole battle royale gaming scene in the first place, a pretty well polished EA example and as of yet no microtransactions.

I'm a massive critic of what should and shouldn't be early access and tbh this is up there with the ones that have succeeded, You paid god knows how much for that BF1 cut and paste game and tbh your opinion on what is a good game or worth the money can be taken with a pinch of salt.

Plus its got unlimited sprint and jump so you might be able to cope with this gameplay instead of something more realistic, much like those 10 mile a day tabs you did 'in full kit'.

Soldato
Audio is HUGELY important in this game, hearing the direction of the shots, hearing footsteps, hearing doors opening and closing and movement in the grass. I play with my volume at max levels, its absolutely vital imo.
Is it still possible to do this using stereo headphones or do you need them fancy surround effect ones?

Soldato
OP
shame 27 quid is a bit rich. you expect that price from a AAA studio. this is basically a tweaked mod which was free . also if you realize how this will grow or fail is based on twitch streamers.

basically the biggest game twitch wise is H1z1 in this type of game.they have massive viewer base.they are double what this game has even though its launch day hype.so will those streamers adopt or change to this game and lose viewers ? i doubt it.

It's not a mod man it's built from the ground up using unreal engine 4.
£27 quid is far from triple A pricing show me battlefield 1, call of duty or any big shooter that has released steam/origin/uplay less than 30 smack a roonie

One of the biggest h1z1 streamer already ditched it for this summit, this game will only get bigger bookmark this comment for a year time when it has full release, workshop support.
For £27 they is a lot of fun to be had here.

Soldato
Is it still possible to do this using stereo headphones or do you need them fancy surround effect ones?

Stereo :D

We only have two ears after all.

A good pair of hifi headphones priced like for like will beat "gaming headphones" for positional audio any day.

Keep in mind, a LOT of gaming headphones are just Stereo ones with emulated surround being played through them. There are some with loads of speakers per ear but the payoff is often "meh".

I use some ancient Goldring DR150's. Some of the best kit I have ever purchased for use with the PC.

Soldato
OP
Stereo :D

We only have two ears after all.

A good pair of hifi headphones priced like for like will beat "gaming headphones" for positional audio any day.

Keep in mind, a LOT of gaming headphones are just Stereo ones with emulated surround being played through them. There are some with loads of speakers per ear but the payoff is often "meh".

I use some ancient Goldring DR150's. Some of the best kit I have ever purchased for use with the PC.

Or have the best of both worlds. High end headphones paired with an excellent surround dsp.
My setup is philips fidelio x1 and Sennheiser gsx 1000 wouldn't replace it with anything. :D

wnb

wnb

Soldato

£27 is fine by me, I don't know many AAA games which are priced at £27 at launch, normally they are £40 to £50. I have no idea about H1Z1, today is no doubt skewed but there are currently 90k+ viewers of Battlegrounds compared to 14k+ for H1Z1. I've spent 3-4 hours today and so far I'm enjoying it, Butter smooth at Ultra 2560x1440, I've only played solo but if anyone wants to add me for duo or a 4 man squad my Steam name is Prattler.

Last edited:
Associate
436B6A3FC7474CD568084B4650F850E2B1211AF5

Close but no cigar!

Underboss
I have some Audio Technica ATH 50X headphones. They are currently plugged into my BOSE bookshelf speakers on my desk, those are plugged into the on board sound on my MOBO.

I'll give them a try plugging them into my screen and see how that works. Tempted to get a cheap soundcard to see if that changes anything.

Associate
Played a few games last night and I actually love it already. Massive thing for me is the hit reg in games, and I feel like they've got it right.

Im a fan of the Arma Battleroyal and the likes anyway so this is right up my street.

Soldato
Top game, has all the best stuff from both A3 BR and H1Z1 without all the annoying bugs. I'm terrible at it though, did duo matches with my friend last night and we didn't come higher than 16 :(

For an Ea/beta/whatever it's well polished and plays well, won't be far off a final release tbh.

End of work can't come fast enough today.

Soldato
Hugely enjoyable, and thats coming from someone with over 1000 hours on H1Z1 BR / KOTK. Playstyle is much slower than the aforementioned, hit reg is much better, loving the variety of weapons/items.

Soldato
You really feel like a god if you pick up the SCARL or KAR98 with a scope, hard to find though. This game makes me jump as well when your looting a building and some-one hiding in there pops out. Looking forward to plugging some hours into this at the weekend.

Caporegime
Hugely enjoyable, and thats coming from someone with over 1000 hours on H1Z1 BR / KOTK. Playstyle is much slower than the aforementioned, hit reg is much better, loving the variety of weapons/items.

thats great to hear that the hit reg is good i know you play H1 a lot aswell.

Back
Top Bottom