PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS - Thread

Caporegime
some games a 7700k can be upto 50 fps up on it.this is why the i5 2500ks will never get any slower :p

pubg is a modern game you need modern pcs.bf1 shows how badly the age has caught up with the i5 2500k. with fps drops down to as low as 40 fps in big 64 man battles.my 5820k for eg at same speed get min 120 fps at same settings.yet there is no issues with a i5 2500k.mates just upgraded from one aswell because of pubg with a 970 at 1080 was getting lows of 40 fps.not even all on ultra.so the best days are behind for the classic cpus.if you want to play pubg nicely use updated gear. if you on a 2011 cpu you cant be surprised it struggles with a modern 2017 game.

it struggles because the game is poo. not because it's crap.

i5 2500K when overclocked is still a very capable CPU. at stock it's pants though.

PUBG runs like crap on a £10K pc. Obviously better and faster components help as your brute forcing your way there but I wouldn't be upgrading just for this 1 game.

Games like BF, GTA, etc are all very demanding and not well optimised. I wouldn't be using them as examples for the average person to upgrade. They also don't run very well on top systems.

The I5 7600K is essentially the second best CPU from the KABYLAKE line up. Which is the current gen intel CPU and it's only slightly faster than a overclocked 2500K.

https://www.reddit.com/r/hardware/comments/5pd4eb/intel_i52500k_in_2017_benchmark_vs_7600k_6600k/

If you have a 2500K it's still good enough for most games for the next 2-3 years. Yes it will eventually become unsuitable for 1080p gaming but I wouldn't use games that run like crap to base that decision on.

Associate
2500k & 980 here. Can confirm it runs 'OK' obviosuly not pushing the 100 fps mark but fairly consistent 60-90.

I actually dropped my OC from 4.4 to 4.0. Not sure how CPU's work in terms of life span but I was getting some weird system lag issues and dropping my OC seemed to fix them.

Caporegime
Yeah i'm aware if you coordinate it right, you can do it with two key presses. However it was clear in their videos, they're using a bind as they never missed a single jump through a window.

yes the window bind is used by a lot of players.it makes places like school so easy to do it and can get you a lot of kills. im sure someone else will find a way round it. in heat of a battle jumping through a window at speed often gets you safe and the kill.without it many will have to change there game play style.

Soldato
pubg is a modern game you need modern pcs.bf1 shows how badly the age has caught up with the i5 2500k.

I've had chicken dinners with my sons Pentium K @ 4.3Ghz and a 7950.

I've actually got a 100% win rate on NA servers on it too (1 played 1 win 2 kills, 43km travelled; only 5 of which were in a motor, boy I had to run that game. :p )

Soldato
As someone said, as soon as vaulting comes it, the window glitch becomes a bit redundant.
I doubt it will be redundant. You can continue to shoot whilst crouch jumping, but I imagine vaulting will mean you're out of action for a while. Not that that makes a difference to me as I can't hit stuff whilst still, let alone jumping, but for some it may.

Caporegime
2500k & 980 here. Can confirm it runs 'OK' obviosuly not pushing the 100 fps mark but fairly consistent 60-90.

I actually dropped my OC from 4.4 to 4.0. Not sure how CPU's work in terms of life span but I was getting some weird system lag issues and dropping my OC seemed to fix them.

your overclock was probably unstable. maybe try 4.4 again with different settings.

90%+ of 2500K's can hit 4.4ghz with ease. I think like 60% of them can hit 4.5 ghz, after that it plummets with only around 5-10% being able to hit 4.8ghz and above.

400mhz is an additional 10% of power so it will be beneficial especially as sandybridge is roughly 25% less efficient than kabylake clock for clock

Associate
your overclock was probably unstable. maybe try 4.4 again with different settings.

90%+ of 2500K's can hit 4.4ghz with ease. I think like 60% of them can hit 4.5 ghz, after that it plummets with only around 5-10% being able to hit 4.8ghz and above.

400mhz is an additional 10% of power so it will be beneficial especially as sandybridge is roughly 25% less efficient than kabylake clock for clock

I was lucky with my 2500k, I had it upto 4.7ghz on air and it was very stable. It had a huge venom fan on it though to keep it cool. Thinking of upgrading the 1070 8gb G1 Gaming GPU, but I am unsure if it is worth it for bang vs buck atm.

Soldato
So with my i5 4690K, 8Gb RAM, and a Radeon R9 280, I'm getting between 30-50fps in third person, with most settings set to low. Will a GTX 1060 Mini 6Gb card be the easiest way to increase my FPS?

Associate
2600k @ 1080ti here.. @4k I stay in the Gsync zone for my monitor (30-60 fps) on ultra, but shadows on low. Mainly around 50fps.

I like the advice to go for kills early, I'm not used to the gunplay so I usually lose all firefights. I need practice!

V_R

V_R

Soldato
The patch is live on non test servers....

Players,

Today we look at what we have changed in our 26th weekly patch.

This patch will be deployed to the Test Servers on September 19th KST, and to the Live Servers if everything is stable.

Early Access – Week 26 – Patch Notes

UI/UX
  • Added the following feature to the Map Help section on the World Map: Marking your character's current position (Default key set to Insert)

Other
  • You may no longer modify ini files to set a key bind for multiple actions on the same key

Bug Fixes
  • Fixed a bug that enabled angled foregrip to attach to Tommy Gun
  • Fixed a graphic bug regarding building locations
  • Fixed an animation bug that appeared when a character used healing or boosting items in the driver's seat
  • Fixed a bug that did not cancel a player's reload if the character was knocked out during the reload
  • Fixed a bug where an uncooked grenade could explode if a character was knocked out while holding it
  • Fixed a graphic bug that would cause a black box texture to appear while scoped when Anti-Aliasing was set to Low or Very Low in the Settings

See you in-game,
The PUBG Development and Community Team
http://steamcommunity.com/games/578080/announcements/detail/2888353806322845017

Back
Top Bottom