PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS - Thread

Associate
New patch out, seems odd nowadays that a 2.2gb patch is a small update, i remember having to wait hours for a 60mb ghost recon patch back in the day!

A new 2.2GB patch has been released for Live Servers. The purpose of this is to update our anti-cheat measures. No downtime required. Patch is now available to download via Steam.

Soldato
New patch out, seems odd nowadays that a 2.2gb patch is a small update, i remember having to wait hours for a 60mb ghost recon patch back in the day!

IIRC the one and only patch for MOHAA was around 15 Mb and all it fixed was the way the English soldiers hands aligned with a lock when he was picking a lock in the first mission. Those were the days.

Soldato

Our 4 man squad got absolutely smashed by some guy last night. downed 2, nearly down me. I healed and he popped out from behind a door, snapped to me and sod all recoil from a clip of an ak's 7.62 later... dead.

Soldato
All the new attachments seem a little OTT but meh, will wait to see.

Restricted big scopes (8x and up) for use with all ARs

Is interesting

Good - the ability to use 8/15x on AR's was a bit silly as it essentially turned them into a sniper/DMR.

Another couple of interesting changes I noticed:
SMGs
  • Increased limb shots modifier
  • Slightly increased the damage of the Micro UZI, UMP9, and Vector
  • Decreased vertical recoil on all SMGs
  • Decreased recoil and scope sway when moving in ADS (aiming down sights)
  • Increased ADS transition speed
UMP is going to be even more mega now :D
Throwables

Frag Grenades
  • Increased explosion damage and added new hit effects and animations
  • Previously, grenade damage was greatly dependant on fall damage (from the grenade’s knockback effect) rather than explosion. We’ve removed the grenade’s knockback effect for player characters, and have adjusted it so that only explosion damage is applied when you’re struck by a grenade.
Wait... what? So they basically just highlighted and corrected a stupid design decision. Why on earth would the damage of a grenade be more dependant on the fall rather than the explosion?!
Other Item Balance
  • Both SR quickdraw magazines and SR extended quickdraw magazines now spawn only in care packages
  • We’ve reduced the spawn rate for AR extended quickdraw magazines
Personally I don't understand the logic behind those changes?

Last edited:
Soldato
What would be the cheapest new card that can handle Pubg on mediumish settings? My brother needs a new card, but I have been out of the loop since I bought my 970. I guessing its not worth him buying a 970 second hand now as they will have been used for years.

Soldato
What would be the cheapest new card that can handle Pubg on mediumish settings? My brother needs a new card, but I have been out of the loop since I bought my 970. I guessing its not worth him buying a 970 second hand now as they will have been used for years.

I bought a 970 HOF and an i5 2500k earlier this year and can run in high/ultra @ 1080p with 60-80fps comfortably:)

i5 is at 4.4ghz and have 16GB RAM

Back
Top Bottom