PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS - Thread

Associate
One thing i'd be interested to see is if you joined a custom game, replicated the scenario with another player and see what that player sees from his perspective (not with the ingame replay as unfortunately that can be buggy and inaccurate).

Ya, that would be interesting.

frostbite hahaha. cheers made me laugh. frostbite engine has one of the worst hitreg engines out of all modern ones used. in bf4 for eg it took them over a year to fix. every game they make its the same. how you can even compare this game to that bad engine is amusing. made me chuckle but enjoyable.:D

you should come join us on discord come play squad. plenty on discord. all people welcome.

Are you serious? PUBG is a tortured old Unreal 4 engine net-code with 100 player connection shoe-horned in by amateur mobile game devs . The game was running a 17 Hz net-code for over a year. 1+ second de-sync has been routine throughout PUBG's entire life. You do NOT see de-sync with Frostbite and the server min is 60 Hz. Frostbite is a well vetted, well polished machine and feels ten times snappier than PUBG. I have absolutely zero problem hitting people perfectly and precisely in BFV. IMO Frostbite is on a whole other level of net-code above PUBG. The only thing better may be CS 120 Hz net-code. Hell, items don't even load on the the roofs of buildings for like 3 seconds after I have landed in PUBG lol.

Me and a friend do hop on OK UK discord but there never seems to be anyone playing PUBG to join.

Caporegime
we always play every day in squads.other night 21 playing pubg alone weird how no one on. if you a yank though maybe you on late for us. come join in. frostbite is terrible though for hitreg you only have to google or ask anyone who plays battlefield for last 5 years to know its had many issues with exactly that.

look forward to you popping on.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Bad net code, cheap ass servers = not very effective hit detection

Tbh hit detection is a pretty important in a FPS

Add to that the rampant cheating its actually a testament that people still play it.

They have made enough money to make PUBG 2 and if i was head honcho at BH i would be focusing on this with for a 2020-2021 release addressing the mains issues from the ground up.

Associate
we always play every day in squads.other night 21 playing pubg alone weird how no one on. if you a yank though maybe you on late for us. come join in. frostbite is terrible though for hitreg you only have to google or ask anyone who plays battlefield for last 5 years to know its had many issues with exactly that.

We are yanks but live in Saudi Arabia. So +3 GMT. Not too far off from Europe. We will try and pop on tonight. You have the same user name on Discord?

Soldato

If Frostbite is terrible for hitreg what on earth is PUBG/Unreal Engine 4?!

Never had any issues with Battlefield and I've played since 1942.

Caporegime
If Frostbite is terrible for hitreg what on earth is PUBG/Unreal Engine 4?!

Never had any issues with Battlefield and I've played since 1942.

google hitreg issues with frostbite. doesnt really matter tbh. its well known. you have your opinion thats fine.

pubg is fine. 2 game wins back to back. reg is fine :D 116th win of this season :p

fun games vega. especially getting blown up in red zone :D

Associate
google hitreg issues with frostbite. doesnt really matter tbh. its well known. you have your opinion thats fine.

pubg is fine. 2 game wins back to back. reg is fine :D 116th win of this season :p

Ya that was hilarious. We got a chicken dinner shortly after you left.

Soldato

Why are you posting wins again? What on earth has a debate about the game engine got to do with your wins? It's just plain weird how you bring it up every single post.

Caporegime
i think it was really simple to understand tbh. i even quoted you to make it easy and explained it. frostbite has hitbox issues. has done since frostbite been out. some have been round for years which is longer than the unreal 4 engine has even been about.

unreal engine is great for this game. thats why they used it. pretty simple really. dice use frostbite because its their own engine so dont pay any costs. not cause its the best. to save money from royalties.

Soldato
Still having this every time i try and launch PUBG but i have no idea what's causing it.

I've reinstalled it 3 times, deleted the Steam folder with PUBG in, verified game cache and also ran as administrator and still nothing. :(

bx7RtC1.jpg

Soldato
Still having this every time i try and launch PUBG but i have no idea what's causing it.

I've reinstalled it 3 times, deleted the Steam folder with PUBG in, verified game cache and also ran as administrator and still nothing. :(

bx7RtC1.jpg

whats the PUBG file size after download?

Caporegime
what you mean doesnt work ? you just go game/properties/validate. if that isnt working then its steam client or your os or something not the game.

Do you have the download restriction to limit the auto-updating schedule on?

Soldato
what you mean doesnt work ? you just go game/properties/validate. if that isnt working then its steam client or your os or something not the game.

Do you have the download restriction to limit the auto-updating schedule on?
That doesn't work though, validating the games integrity does it's thing but then when I load PUBG up it just crashes again.

Nothing has changed at all about my system, auto updating is on, no restrictions etc, really strange!

Soldato
Oh, i'm not saying it is easy. What i'm saying is that every current AAA studio is doing their own take on BR - which is totally ok. I'm just saying i'd like a AAA studio to try making a BR with deeper gunplay - because ultimately its what keeps me coming back to PUBG.

csgo might be doing a survival mode, we're unsure if they are going to proceed with it or were just testing feasibility. pubg is very nice graphics so whats considered ideal fps or reasonable minimum even, a lot of these games are based around the same engines. Its using multi core so it beats arma3 at least which has a while before they update to the post conroe era

Back
Top Bottom