PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS - Thread

Soldato
I play with a small group of people and our abilities vary greatly (with me being the crap one they are happy to carry along). Danger is my rank will be too lowly to get into a proper game with friends which would be a real shame.

And at this point with my advancing years and reactions "git gud" isn't very likely!
Isn't it that if you all queue as a team your rank should go up for all of you ?

Soldato
https://www.techradar.com/news/pubg...eaten-to-destroy-playerunknowns-battlegrounds

About sums it all up I think.

As it stands, PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds has been fundamentally ruined by developer PUBG Corporation’s baffling decision to artificially inflate the player base with mindless AI opponents, who are about as useful as a chocolate fireguard, and as fun as a third-degree burn.

Bots go against everything that makes PUBG worthwhile: they destroy any meaningful tension, rob you of any satisfaction that comes with surviving, and only serve to bastardize an experience that was beloved by millions of players. No one asked for them, and they simply weren’t needed

Associate

Only read half of it. I think the most frustrating part at least for me as a filthy casual is wasting my time playing against cheaters. Get a few kills, get top 10 and then die to some retard using walls and macros. If that's the experience new players get then ever likely the player base has died. I was enjoying ranked but alt-f4'd just. Guy in the kill cam crept right up on me as the last member of my squad whilst keeping on eye all the other teams through the terrain. Had about 7 or 8 good games up until then.

Associate
Only read half of it. I think the most frustrating part at least for me as a filthy casual is wasting my time playing against cheaters. Get a few kills, get top 10 and then die to some retard using walls and macros. If that's the experience new players get then ever likely the player base has died.

Bots isn't the answer to the cheating though. They've put 2 factor authentication on the Ranked mode to try and combat cheats haven't they? Why not just do that for the whole game?

Or maybe by adding ranked they've split their player base so the bots keep the wait times down in regular mode.

Caporegime
Not played for a couple of months.

But Christ alive how on earth can a developer balls it up so much. It's like they are going out of their way to ruin it. Bizarre. :confused:

just play ranked and its actually a lot better now. i must say im enjoying it again now. ranked is far more interesting and competitive. cant play the normal mode its boring playing comps like playing a different game.

just play ranked and its actually a lot better now. i must say im enjoying it again now. ranked is far more interesting and competitive. cant play the normal mode its boring playing comps like playing a different game.

I thought this initially but the hackers are infesting ranked mode to a level I have not seen before, just about every game, invasion of the Chinese.

Caporegime
I thought this initially but the hackers are infesting ranked mode to a level I have not seen before, just about every game, invasion of the Chinese.

played a few games now in ranked havent seen one cheater yet. plenty of good players though. which is nice. after having a break and playing cod a lot takes a while to get the aiming sense to normal. cods very quick compared to this.

played a few games now in ranked havent seen one cheater yet. plenty of good players though. which is nice. after having a break and playing cod a lot takes a while to get the aiming sense to normal. cods very quick compared to this.

Yes I feel your pain, i'm gonna fire it up now, not played ranked in a week or so due to the already mentioned Chinese hackers, it got too much, moved to warzone for a break, it's ok but its not on PUBG level. I want the old PUBG back but sadly I think it's had it's day :(

Associate
once you have got a ranked number (after 5 games i think) do you lose your normal mode stats?

if i look in mine, i can switch between normal and ranked, but speaking to someone yesterday, they said that option goes away once you are ranked

Associate
What do you guys use for your weapon switching? I've just made the jump to a logitech wireless mouse (wish I had done it sooner) and always struggle with my weapon switch setup as prefer to do it via the mouse buttons than using 1,2 keys. My perfect setup would be mouse 3 for secondary weapon (pistol etc) and mouse wheel down for primary 1 and up for primary 2. But this doesn't work with using mouse up/down for zoom in/out. Using mouse wheel for previous or next weapon is ok but too easy to inadvertently switch to your pan or grenade.

Caporegime
i personally just use keys but then again have hardly anything binded. normal mode is so easy now its unreal. you can win with eyes closed. ranked is a whole different ball game. like robocop vs terminator :p

Associate
Aargh having an issue with my new Logitech mouse (g305). Mid pubg it just freezes and I notice that the cursor appears to the right of the screen so not near where my crosshair is. I'm playing fullscreen mode. It's the first wireless mouse I have used for gaming and hoping its something simple. It has the latest firmware. Running latest version of G Hub (not that this should have any bearing on mouse tracking). I've tried the Dongle in various USB ports and using the extension cable so its on my desk. No devices nearby are using wifi or bluetooth (all disabled / in airplane mode). Some days I barely noticed it others I get it 5-6 times a round and when its mid fight its not good. Any ideas?

Soldato
I can't play ranked, I just get raped by the first guy I come across.

In "regular" they need to make the bots a little better. I get that it makes it easier for new people but they are 100% retarded, you just get complacent, and/or they end up giving your position away.

Plus they seem to just pop up out of thin air sometimes.

I dunno... I'm admittedly terrible at PUBG, I'm not exactly new either I've clocked up I dunno, 300+ hours, but I thought the whole point of a ranked mode, is that you play people of similar skill, well clearly not ....

Rocket League seems to manage it, but then I guess you don't have 100 people per match, it'll only take one or two people sufficiently skilled above the average to ruin everyone else's game.

There is a fair amount of hacking also, too many reported and subsequently banner, so far my report rate has been 100% so clearly there is an issue, but as said before, these people just buy cheap keys and get back in, and the publisher makes more money, do I guess it's only in their best interest to half arse at best anti cheat solutions.

Soldato
I'm average at best with an average K/D around 1.1-1.6 but I got destroyed on ranked. Every time. Insta-deaths all the time. I can't be doing with that, its no fun for me. Duos tend to be well stocked servers though, just stay away from Miramar, that's bot central.

I played a one man squad on Miramar yesterday, got 6 kills (1 human). Looking at the game stats after there were 4 human players in addition to me and it came down to a 1 v 1 v 1.

Back
Top Bottom