PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS

Caporegime
Just playing now

Definitely smoother at the start and on the plane. Landing seemed jerkier for about 5 seconds, but overall it seems better.

However, is it me or are my own footsteps really loud now?

Soldato
Just playing now

Definitely smoother at the start and on the plane. Landing seemed jerkier for about 5 seconds, but overall it seems better.

However, is it me or are my own footsteps really loud now?

Yea, I thought that. Not sure how that translates to other players though, I had a quick go but died in the blue zone.

Definitely better on the Xbox One X, after the last patch the frame rate was screwed.

Caporegime
I've also noticed more 'incidental' sound effects, like sparking electric wiring in some houses. It's a bit off putting when you are trying to listen out for other players.

Soldato
Yeah I gave it a bash for 10 minutes last night (until I died)

Seems pretty smooth now actually. I hadn't really played it since my last post a month ago!

I still play it daily with friends, love it to be honest! Fortnite doesn't interest me, I have overwatch for my arcade style shooters.

They've removed the in-game clothing , performance seems improved, Miramar is coming within the next month too!

Soldato
Feels absolutely no smoother to me on an Xbox One S. The initial drawing-in of buildings, interiors and the associated framerate issues is still horrendous, framerate drops when enemies are nearby or during firefights are still a massive issue too.

But hey, new crate. Yay.

Soldato
Since the last few updates, I've been finding the game seems darker with each patch and I've also started to get render issues. Either things popping in which previously I'd be able to see from a distance or items not being loaded in buildings to loot. The mid-games is lot a lot smoother but the start and end can be a bit of a slide show depending where on the map you are.

This is on the X too.

Soldato
Good to see this still runs like a bag of nails after the update... :rolleyes:. Both X and S.

I always try to weigh my criticism against the obvious fact that it's early access (although in my eyes it shouldn't even be out of a closed beta in its current state), but I really get the impression the team they have is learning as they go. Unless they can somehow attract the right people with the right skills to move to South Korea to work on the game, they're going to be stuck having to make small fixes and compromises in order to get performance and stability closer to where it needs to be.

The most astonishing thing for me is that MS bundle this game with retail Xbox Ones. How utterly embarrassing for a game in this state to potentially be the first experience a new owner has of your games console.

Associate
For how old the last post is in here I'm guessing no one plays pubg on console but there's some kind of hack going about, people saying its a lag switch of sorts it's in reddit and official forums. From memory it lags the server for 20 seconds or so giving the user time to get a fair few kills in.

Associate
I still play this with my mates nearly every night for a few hours. Still having just as much fun as I was back when it launched with the added bonus that we've been getting a lot of dinners lately.

Soldato
For how old the last post is in here I'm guessing no one plays pubg on console but there's some kind of hack going about, people saying its a lag switch of sorts it's in reddit and official forums. From memory it lags the server for 20 seconds or so giving the user time to get a fair few kills in.
I saw that on the Reddit. Hopefully something Blueballs can sort out before it becomes a major issue.

Failing that BLOPS 4 comes out Friday :D.

Soldato

My mate adores it so I still play it a fair bit with him, I'm getting a bit sick of it myself though. The influx of micro-transactions since it became the "final release version" is very distasteful considering the state the game is in. It's come a long way in the past 6 months but it still looks, feels and plays like a mod someone made for ArmA during their weekends off.

Soldato
Stopped played just before 1.0 dropped, was clear as day the devs had no plans to sort out the community feedback issues rather try and get it ready for full release with loads of flaws to milk it, No thank you - haven’t played since, shame really had potential.

Back
Top Bottom