PlayStation 4 Pro in-bound

Soldato
Arghhhh dealing with Playstation customer support is one of the most infuriating things I have ever done. They are beyond useless just read from scripts and have no idea what they are doing or even much grasp of English or anything.. If they send me another response telling me to re-download my licenses im going to launch my PS4 into space....

Sorry just needed a vent...... :)

Soldato
Arghhhh dealing with Playstation customer support is one of the most infuriating things I have ever done. They are beyond useless just read from scripts and have no idea what they are doing or even much grasp of English or anything.. If they send me another response telling me to re-download my licenses im going to launch my PS4 into space....

Sorry just needed a vent...... :)
They are truly horrendously useless, it's actually amazing how incompetent they are.

Soldato
My friend is using his old fat ps3 lead with his pro a normal pc lead will work fine also:)
I thought the power lead was completely different. I'm sure my pro is a kettle lead and my old ps4 is a shotgun style.

Edit just realised you said ps3 although I thought they were the shotgun style too. The only think you need to make sure is that the fuse is big enough (and the right fitting for the console).

Soldato
Just sold my PS3 yesterday and I got a 55inch 4k TV a week or so ago. Considering getting a PS4 pro. My main hesitation is the fact that I didn't touch my ps3 for the last couple of years (mainly PC gaming), so i don't know if I would use this. I also didn't have a TV last few years so, playing on my PC monitor was never as satisfying.

Questions: worth getting the pro over the slim? Research so far is indicating yes + future proof, but more mixed answers from people I know. And if yes, best place/bundle to get it? Looks like £350 is basically the going rate? Likely to drop soon or anything with Scorpio announcement?

Finally, if I take it to the US for a couple of months, are discs etc. still region protected?

Soldato
Just sold my PS3 yesterday and I got a 55inch 4k TV a week or so ago. Considering getting a PS4 pro. My main hesitation is the fact that I didn't touch my ps3 for the last couple of years (mainly PC gaming), so i don't know if I would use this. I also didn't have a TV last few years so, playing on my PC monitor was never as satisfying.

Questions: worth getting the pro over the slim? Research so far is indicating yes + future proof, but more mixed answers from people I know. And if yes, best place/bundle to get it? Looks like £350 is basically the going rate? Likely to drop soon or anything with Scorpio announcement?

Finally, if I take it to the US for a couple of months, are discs etc. still region protected?

Well worth it if you ask me. I sold my pc gaming set up and have been more than happy with the Pro.

Associate
No region restriction except on dlc which must be same region as the game.

There as close to pcs now as theyve ever been, sold my vanilla ps4,dumped my pc too. Don't miss it. The extra grunt is noticeable. Barring 4k,Ark, for example is a standard 1080p compared to 720p on normal ps4.

Soldato
Well all my faith in Playstation is just about lost. After being promised my issue will be sorted immediately all I actually got is another automated email about re-setting my licenses. This is only the 5th time this has now been given to me after about six phone calls and numerous emails.

Once Scorpio is out Playstation can go jump for all I care..

Soldato
What's happened Moogleys? I don't recall you saying specifically what's up.

Driveclub is saying I don't own the game and wants me to pay £11.99 for it again. It's a common issue according to a google search that Playstation are not aware of aparently. I have sent them my original purchase order about 6 times now....

No amount of license re-sets fixes it but they seem sure it will..

I will call them tomorrow and moan some more.

Soldato
It's simply fixed by just crediting my account £11.99 and I buy the game again but Playstation don't see the problem and when you get through to someone who does you just get sent an automated message about re-setting your licenses. They are not bothered about customer service in the slightest.

It's frustrating to say the least. Certainly puts me of buying digital games that's for sure...

Back
Top Bottom