Playstation Plus

Don
You need broadband
Are you just a troll or what? Every thread you enter you post rubbish.

I have ~22mbps shared for a family of 5 - streaming isn't viable.

Streaming is too laggy in some cases regardless of what internet connection you have, and in other cases I might just not want to stream games over the internet.

Soldato
Just been playing some of the streamed games from ps3. Is latency normally poor? I've tried it from my ps5 and my pc, although admittedly wireless controllers on both and playing resident evil umbrella chronicles. Is there a wally of measuring it in game (I suspect not).

Soldato
You must be pretty far from the cab to have speeds that low. Its barely faster than DSL speeds. I'm just lucky I'm in a new build with FTTP.

The way copper works is that you can effectively say 5km is max distance from house to cabinet. Under 2km is ideal and under 1km is best. If your speed is poor then your somewhere between 3km and 5km OR the copper cable is damaged OR there is interference in the line

I've had fibre to my house for 6 years now and it's been incredible. Adsl was super unreliable and low speeds, fibre for me has never once dropped out and I'm always getting max speed of my plan

Last edited:
Associate
Just been playing some of the streamed games from ps3. Is latency normally poor? I've tried it from my ps5 and my pc, although admittedly wireless controllers on both and playing resident evil umbrella chronicles. Is there a wally of measuring it in game (I suspect not).

It was when I tried it and I've got 1Gbps internet and my PS5 is hardwired. Was really looing forward to playing the older games thinking my internet would be good enough for it to not be too laggy but it was horrendous.

Soldato
One thing sadly Sony never seemed to have got right, for me at least has been 90% of their PSN server speeds for the store, online etc. ever since the PS3 days and that has steered me from upgrading to the higher tier of PS+ to get the streaming stuff :(

Weirdest thing is that is doesn't feel slow as such it feels "limited or restrained" like it could quite easily go faster but something is stopping it as certain stuff is punchy as you like.

I always thought that the limiting factor was the PS4 fat's non 5Ghz Wi-Fi, got a Pro, during connection testing on the console its hitting at least 2/3 of my 400mb/s connection then in store and game is slug pace.

Last edited:
Soldato
It was when I tried it and I've got 1Gbps internet and my PS5 is hardwired. Was really looing forward to playing the older games thinking my internet would be good enough for it to not be too laggy but it was horrendous.
Glad it's not just me. I tried to elimate the ps5 WiFi by using a hardwired pc but it wasn't much better.

Soldato
One thing sadly Sony never seemed to have got right, for me at least has been 90% of their PSN server speeds for the store, online etc. ever since the PS3 days and that has steered me from upgrading to the higher tier of PS+ to get the streaming stuff :(

Weirdest thing is that is doesn't feel slow as such it feels "limited or restrained" like it could quite easily go faster but something is stopping it as certain stuff is punchy as you like.

I always thought that the limiting factor was the PS4 fat's non 5Ghz Wi-Fi, got a Pro, during connection testing on the console its hitting at least 2/3 of my 400mb/s connection then in store and game is slug pace.
The store is much better now with the PS5 - as in, instant loading. Was very poor on the PS4.

I’ve grabbed Ico to stream but I’ve not given it a go yet.

Back
Top Bottom