Playstation Plus

Associate
Mm, it would be a good opportunity to drum up extra sales for Borderlands 2. I would never have entertained Darksiders 2 if it hadn't been for the first one being free. :D

yeah i agree one of the few games i have 100% on the ps3 :D now cannot wait to play as death.
so putting boarderlands up would certainly help sales of the 2nd.
even though i did not give the 1st that much time due to it playing up on my internet and the comms being really poor for me:(

Soldato
OP
from playstation blog, with some PS+ details

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012...aign=Feed:+SCEEBlog+(blog.eu.playstation.com)

Sony At Gamescom 2012 – All The Announcements
Countries: AE, AU, GB, IE, NZ

If you’ve been watching our live stream you’ll know that Sony’s gamescom 2012 press conference in Cologne, Germany has just come to a close. There were plenty of big announcements to take in, so, in the interest of putting everything tidily in one place, here’s a comprehensive rundown of all the news.
We’ve also got individual posts from many of the developers concerned – please follow the links below to learn more about the games in question. And, of course, we’ll be going into more detail on all these titles later this week and into next, right here on PlayStation Blog.
So, without further ado:
Brand new titles:

LittleBigPlanet developer Media Molecule took the lid of its keenly anticipated new project: Vita title Tearaway. See our dedicated post from the Guildford, UK studio for a closer look.

Puppeteer is on its way to PlayStation 3 from Sony’s Japan Studios. Developer Gavin Moore introduces this charming, eccentric platformer below.

Looking for a PlayStation 3 teen horror fix? Move-enabled spine-tingler Until Dawn is incoming from Supermassive Games – let the game’s Executive Creative Director Will Byles tell you more.

Also coming out of Sony’s Japan Studio, Rain is a dark, atmospheric and breathtakingly stylish new PSN title. We’ll be talking much more about this game in the coming months.

We offered up your first glimpse of Killzone: Mercenary for PS Vita. Read more from developer Guerrilla Games here.

Vita Cross-Buy:
As of later this year, buy either the PlayStation 3 or PS Vita version of a compatible game and you’ll be able to download the other at no additional cost. PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale, Ratchet & Clack: QForce (yes, that’s now a Vita title too) and Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time are the first games confirmed to support this new feature.

PS One Classics on PS Vita:
Yes, you’ve been asking for it! From 28th August you’ll be able to play select PSOne titles on your Vita. Titles confirmed so far: Final Fantasy VII, Metal Gear Solid and Resident Evil 2.

New PS Vita firmware
Vita firmware 1.8 is on its way. See our dedicated post for full details of what to expect.
New characters showcased for PlayStation All-Stars:

A few new additions to the brawler’s burgeoning roster for you: Sackboy, Dante from Devil May Cry, Spike from Ape Escape, and Ratchet from Ratchet & Clank. See our post from developer SuperBot to find out more.
New trailer for The Last Of Us:
Check it out below!

God of War: Ascension:
There’s a multiplayer beta incoming for Kratos’ latest PlayStation 3 adventure, and a brand new trailer to wrap your eyes around.
Wonderbook:
After E3′s Book of Spells reveal, it was the turn of stylish detective caper Diggs Nightcrawler – from Oscar-winning studio Moonbot – to take the spotlight.
We also revealed two new partners who are working on Wonderbook projects. BBC Worldwide is bringing Walking with Dinosaurs to the platform, with The Muppets and Toy Story coming from Disney.
PS3 Essentials:
Later this year we’re launching a new line of high quality catalogue titles at a reduced price of €19.99. Stay tuned for details of the first wave of releases.
New PS Vita bundles
As well as the Assassin’s Creed III: Liberation bundle announced at E3 earlier this year, we’ve a number of other hardware packs incoming, including LittleBigPlanet Vita, PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale and Call of Duty: Black Ops: Declassified sets.
PlayStation Mobile:
PlayStation Mobile launches this Autumn across a variety of PlayStation devices. A number of titles were confirmed for the service during the conference, including Super Crate Box, Aqua Kitty, Samurai Beatdown, Passing Time, BeatSlider and Flick Hockey.
PlayStation Plus:

PS Plus is coming soon to PS Vita. This is an addition to subscribers’ existing membership and comes at no additional cost.
Your PS Plus cloud storage limit has been raised to 1GB.

Rockstar’s peerless Western epic Red Dead Redemption joins the Instant Game Collection line-up next month.
Lunatic Sega platformer Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit will be October’s Game of the Month.

If you’ve come to this post straight from the conference, we’ve got a fantastic panel event kicking off at 20.45 CET/19.45 BST/04.40 Sydney. Some of the biggest names in game development are joining us to chew over the ‘games as art’ debate.

It will stream live below – please enjoy!

Last edited:
Soldato
Wow ^^ I am pretty pleased with that/those announcements....
Plus on Vita is very much due, as is PS1 games - great choice of first mentioned titles too - and liking the free download of 'the other console' version of certain games...
Good show, Sony :)

Soldato
Forgive me for maybe being a little thick..

But what is this PS+ instant games collection? Is this a limited offer, apparently next month there is a 25% discount for new subs, so if I take out a sub next month, do I still get access to the 12 free games, + RDR and 25% off?

Its so confusing... Thanks.

Caporegime
Yes instead of paying £40 for the year, you'll pay £30. You get access to the 12 games already in the instant game collection plus any further ones for as long as you subscribe. You'll have 45 games in total at the end of 12 months.

Soldato
Yes instead of paying £40 for the year, you'll pay £30. You get access to the 12 games already in the instant game collection plus any further ones for as long as you subscribe. You'll have 45 games in total at the end of 12 months.

wow that is brilliant... I'll wait until September and sub for a discount, as nearly all of those games i've not got apart from RDR so thats an awesome deal for me. PS+ has become worth it for me.

Thanks for clearing up the confusion..

Soldato
Does anyone know of an easy way of checking your subscription status? (And i dont mean the + next to my gamertag) Do you get a reminder when your subscription is coming to an end? The only way i could find out when i took out PSN+ was to look through my transaction history for the payment. Surely there has to be a better way. You cant even see anything with your online account... :confused:

Soldato
OP
not much for PS+ this mid-month :(

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012...aign=Feed:+SCEEBlog+(blog.eu.playstation.com)

Heads-Up’ Game Store Update 15 August 2012

Countries: AE, AU, GB, IE, NZ

Play through a series of beautiful levels, where sounds and shapes seamlessly mesh together to create an unforgettable platforming experience. You can even create your own levels by building environments and choosing enemies and obstacles – and compose your own music at the same time.
Can you shape the perfect blend of sound and gameplay?
The great folks at monkeypawgames have once again provided. This time bringing the much asked for PSOne title, Alundra!

Between the worlds of light and dark lies the world of dreams. A world where the rule of reason loosens its grip. A place where an insidious evil is stealing minds and blackening the hearts of those from the world of light.
We’ve also got a demo for the Hong Kong action movie inspired, Sleeping Dogs and a brand new demo of the excellent Dragon’s Dogma, where you can import your demo’s customised character to the full game.
Don’t forget the Summer Sale continues on with some great new additions so check that out here.
For our PS Plus consumers, Ross’ post will be up tomorrow so please look forward to that.

PlayStation Network New Content
Content may be added or removed, or move dates – please stay tuned to your weekly Store Update for the most up to date listings. Listed savings are approximate, based on SRP excluding Special Offer pricing and should be considered as a guide only.

PlayStation Plus

Sound Shapes – 20% Off
Papo & Yo – 20% Off

PS3 Games

Papo & Yo
Papo & Yo is a Puzzle-Platforming Adventure that follows the tale of a young boy, Quico and his best friend Monster, a huge beast with razor-sharp teeth and an addiction to poisonous frogs. The minute Monster eats a frog he goes into a violent rage that’s bad news for everyone around. And yet, Quico will make a dangerous journey through a magical world to find a cure for his best friend.

Price: £11.99,€14.99,AU$23.95
PEGI: 12
Availability: All
File Size: 976MB
Sound Shapes
Sound Shapes is a completely unique take on the classic side-scrolling platform game. Play through a series of beautiful levels, or create your own, building environments and choosing enemies and obstacles – and all the while composing your own ambient background music.

Price: £9.99,€12.99,AU$19.95
PEGI: 3
File Size: 1087MB
Test Drive: Ferrari Racing Legends
Compatible with PlayStation 3.
Test Drive: Ferrari Racing Legends is the ultimate driving experience for fans of the Ferrari Brand

Price: £39.99,€49.99,AU$79.95
Availability: Only AU, AT, FR, DE, IT, NL, ES, CH, UK
File Size: 2309MB

PS3 Demos (Free)

Dragon’s Dogma Adventure Demo
PEGI: 18
Availability: Not available in Germany
File Size: 3519MB
Papo & Yo
Sleeping Dogs
Availability: Not available in Germany
File Size: 2454MB

PS Vita Games

Sound Shapes
Sound Shapes is a completely unique take on the classic side-scrolling platform game. Play through a series of beautiful levels, or create your own, building environments and choosing enemies and obstacles – and all the while composing your own ambient background music.

Price: £9.99,€12.99,AU$19.95
File Size: 977MB

PS2 Games

GT Racers
Compatible with PlayStation 3.
Scream through the World’s most striking cities, tearing up the roads of London, Paris, Berlin, Tokyo and New York. Speed limits mean nothing!

Price: £2.99,€3.59
Availability: Not available in AU, NZ
File Size: 313MB

PSOne Games

Alundra
Compatible with PSP (PlayStation Portable) and PlayStation 3.
Grab a weapon and become the dreamwalker Alundra as he struggles to purge the evil Id of an ancient world before it falls to ash. Explore dungeons, find weapons, and solve challenging puzzles. This title requires a 60Hz compatible display. Manual in English only. Help can be found at www.monkeypawgames.com.

Price: £3.99,€4.99,AU$8.45
Availability: Not available in BL, QA, HN
File Size: 294MB
Urban Chaos
Compatible with PSP (PlayStation Portable) and PlayStation 3.
Urban Chaos throws you into the heart of a modern urban jungle at the turn of the millennium.
To succeed you’ll need a lethal combination of stealth, physical agility and martial art skills as you interact with the city around you.
Price: £3.99,€4.99,AU$8.45
Availability: Not available in NZ

minis

Farm Frenzy 3
Prices: £3.49,€3.99,AU$6.95
THE NEXT SPACE
Prices: £1.99,€2.49,AU$4.25

PS3 DLC

Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Release Date Thursday 16th)
Map 12.2
Elite Drop 16
Elite Drop 17
Elite Drop 18
Prices: Free for Elite
LittleBigPlanet 2
Disney Princesses Costume Pack 2 (£4.79, €5.99, AU$9.95)
Rapunzel Costume (£1.59, €1.99, AU$3.45)
Tiana Costume (£1.59, €1.99, AU$3.45)
Ariel Costume (£1.59, €1.99, AU$3.45)
Belle Costume (£1.59, €1.99, AU$3.45)
Quantum Conundrum
Puzzle Pack 1
Prices: £1.59,€1.99,AU$3.45
Real Steel
Assembly Robot Value Pack #2
Prices: £6.49, €7.99
Availability: Not available in AZ, DN, FI, NZ, NO, PO, RU, SW, UK
Risen 2: Dark Waters
A Pirate’S Clothes (£2.39, €2.99, AU$4.95)
Treasure Isle (£7.99, €9.99, AU$15.95)
Saints Row The Third
Unlock Pack
Prices: £1.19,€1.49,AU$2.45
Sleeping Dogs
Sleeping Dogs Accelerator Pack 1 (£1.19, €1.49, AU$2.45)
Sleeping Dogs Retro Triad Pack (£1.19, €1.49, AU$2.45)
Warriors Orochi 3
Bgm Pack 4 (£1.59, €1.99, AU$3.45)
Original Wallpapers (£3.19, €3.99, AU$6.95)
Samurai Dress Up Costume 1 (£3.99, €4.99, AU$8.45)
Samurai Dress Up Costume 2 (£3.99, €4.99, AU$8.45)
Samurai Dress Up Costume 3 (£3.99, €4.99, AU$8.45)
Stage Pack 6 (£2.39, €2.99, AU$4.95)
Stage Pack 7 (£1.59, €1.99, AU$3.45)
Availability: Not available in NZ

PS Vita DLC

Touch My Katamari
Make It Big
Prices: Free

Themes

DYNAMIC THEMES
ABSTRACT
Dynamic Flirty Girl 4 Theme (£1.59/€1.99/$3.45)
MILITARY
Dynamiic German Fighter WWII Theme (£1.59/€1.99/$3.45)
NATURE
Dynamic Charcoal Burning Theme (£1.59/€1.99/$3.45)
Dynamic Woman Relaxing at the Beach Theme (£1.59/€1.99/$3.45)
PLACES/LANDMARKS
Dynamic Budapest at Night One Theme (£1.59/€1.99/$3.45)
SCI-FI/FANTASY
Dynamic Anime Theme 5 (£1.59/€1.99/$3.45)
Dynamic Comic Hero Theme 2 (£1.59/€1.99/$3.45)
Dynamic Crimson Vampire Theme (£1.59/€1.99/$3.45)
Dynamic Hunter-Vampires Theme (£1.59/€1.99/$3.45)
Dynamic Violet Vampire Theme (£1.59/€1.99/$3.45)
Dynamic Skull Theme (£1.59/€1.99/$3.45)

Videos

Access TV (GB Only)
Access Episode 044
Darksiders 2 (Excluding Germany)
Darksiders II Death Comes For All
Darksiders II: Behind The Mask: Your Death
London 2012
London 2012 – Olympic Legacy Trailer
Adidas Micoach
Micoach Launch Trailer
Damage Inc.