Playstation Plus

Having decided to switch this generation (at least for a couple of years) from xbox to playstation, can anyone summarise the issues with PSN+ compared to xbox live gold.

I'm aware of the games available from PSN+ etc, its more what appears to be a general opinion that it's not as funtional or as well developed as xbox live or is this a misconception?

Cheers.

Having decided to switch this generation (at least for a couple of years) from xbox to playstation, can anyone summarise the issues with PSN+ compared to xbox live gold.

I'm aware of the games available from PSN+ etc, its more what appears to be a general opinion that it's not as funtional or as well developed as xbox live or is this a misconception?

Cheers.

PSN+ for the PS3 is not the equivalent of xbox live on the 360 as it's is primarily a subscription service for games and enables a few features on your console such as scheduled downloads for game/firmware updates. It has nothing to do with actually playing games online.

When the PS4 lands it'll be required to play some (but not all) games online but the final feature set has yet to be confirmed. The main gripe that people had with the PS3 was the lack of cross game chat but this has been implemented for PS4 and there has been a big emphasis on 'social gaming'.

I'm sure someone will be along shortly to give you specific details. :)

So, MGR:Revengeance, is this game really really hard or am I just really crap. I get owned pretty much instantly by the annoying mooing things.

ahaha - Thats wot my mate at work said - he's a MGS nut and was trying to sneak around everywhere lol.

Play the game as it is mate - a hack n slash ;)
Run lots, hit lots and you'll be fine - completed it a while back

Got a PS+ subscription for a year, might as well as I decided to get both next-gen consoles at launch, and well... free games.

Metal Gear Rising, Xcom and Uncharted 3 all waiting for me to play, cant complain for £40.

So, MGR:Revengeance, is this game really really hard or am I just really crap. I get owned pretty much instantly by the annoying mooing things.

I was finding it really, really hard at first. And the game itself is terrible at actually telling you anything... at all. Like it tells you how to parry long before you need it and how to munch spines long after :confused:

It did "click" with me the other night though, and I was pulling off combos and Zandatsu's like nobody's business. My real problem is that the hardest enemy in the game is my flippin camera. How do you parry an enemy you cant see because the camera decided that car in the distance is REALLY important and snaps to it?

ahaha - Thats wot my mate at work said - he's a MGS nut and was trying to sneak around everywhere lol.

Play the game as it is mate - a hack n slash ;)
Run lots, hit lots and you'll be fine - completed it a while back

That's what im trying to do! Maybe there is some technique i'm not getting here. I was always fine at Ninja Gaiden games and they were supposed to be quite hard, but these bloody things kill me in seconds!

for the moo's jump and use the 'slowed down' slashing thing to get multiple strikes in. I just tend to use the run, slash, run, slash routine lol. Gets easier later as you pickup the emp grenades and smokes, making them easier to take out.

Best weapon I found was that whip thing you pickup from the first boss - lets you get multiple hits on enemies close by (at all angles) without getting too close to them.

US plus subscribers are getting some sweet games in November.

Resogun (PS4)
Contrast (PS4)
Soul Sacrafice (Vita)
Oddworld Strangers Wrath HD (Vita)
ibb & obb (PS3)
Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen (PS3)
Binary Domain (PS3)

It's not difficult, but it definitely has a learning curve to it. Loved it once I picked it up. Just play the first missions over and over till you get hang of it, then delve into it properly.

I was lucky as I severely over played the demo :D

Back
Top Bottom