***** PlayStation Vita Official Thread *****

Caporegime
Officially Licensed PS Vita Travel Case Black arrived today. Seems quite good, for a tenner. (It's much blacker than it looks in the pictures taken with a flash).

vitacase1.jpg

vitacase2.jpg

rp2000

Associate
Cancelled my pre order for this. Its far too much money to spend on a portable console, the thing that swung it was discovering that the memory cards are exclusive to the Vita and far too expensive for what they are.

I might pick one up in 6 months or so because I think there will be a price cut in the not too distant future because I can't see this doing too well.

Soldato
Cancelled my pre order for this. Its far too much money to spend on a portable console, the thing that swung it was discovering that the memory cards are exclusive to the Vita and far too expensive for what they are.

I might pick one up in 6 months or so because I think there will be a price cut in the not too distant future because I can't see this doing too well.

Really? The mem cards in the bundles are practicly getting given away for free especially in Amazon bundle 8GB card cost nothing.

Associate
Rumours are the Game Group bundles are:

£249 Wifi Console + FIFA
£289 Wifi Console + FIFA + Uncharted
£299 Wifi Console + 8GB Memory Card + Uncharted + £10 PSN voucher

+£50 for the 3G Models

Not very competitive at all...however apparently their 3DS bundles changed last minute so hopefully they'll do the same with this one as the only sales they'll get at this rate are people with existing credit!

The unchartered bundle was the one I got told about over the phone by local gamestation today. Chap did say that they would probably change depending on competitor activity. I ordered through amazon today instead as the price difference is just far too much to justify. Shame if they were within £20 or £30 I'd have gone with them.

Soldato
OP
also i see tethering to an iphone works? does this require a 3g vita or is it just a wifi setting and will be do-able on both?

Tethering to any mobile device does indeed just need the WiFi model.

I see. Anything available for the PSV similarly to the previous PSP ?

You mean like the sock thing they came with? Yes in the rest of the world, nobody seems to be selling anything exactly like that here though. Lots of soft and hard pouches though.

I've gone for the VIP case which is hard.

81sv0WqHvxL_AA1500_.jpg

71BHfZrCfQL_AA1500_.jpg

And I picked up a little headphone pouch to put my carts in so that they don't slide around in the case.

The London Vita Room opened up today on 80 Oxford Street for anyone interested. You get to play without a saleman standing over you so you can relax in a sofa and play I think 13 games.

The Uncharted: Golden Abyss TV commercial was also shown today.

http://youtu.be/U9CJHeGFVTo?hd=1

Soldato
Is there a list of upcoming games for this anywhere? I really want one as it's an awesome bit of hardware, but none of the launch games (except for maybe Uncharted) look particularly great, so would probably end up being a £230 paper weight :o.

Back
Top Bottom