***** PlayStation Vita Official Thread *****

Soldato
I was getting this for uncharted but now the psn games have won me over for day one! Stardust and escape plan and maybe tales from space! And thats great value for money! Get uncharted when its priced like the rest of the retail games

I hope psn keeps releasing these sort of games as they are more aimed towards portable play like quick sessions etc and i assume quick load times! Either way ill only be on it at home but these sort of games will sirely help sell the systems to a larger audience

Last edited:
Associate
Anyone who had the security check with play, what's the status of your order? Mine is still at Pre-Order, have heard some people's have changed to Processing.

Processing in warehouse

Been like that since my security check was sorted out this morning.

Soldato
Processing in warehouse

Been like that since my security check was sorted out this morning.

When did you order from Play?

Heh I went from not even really interested in a Vita, to maybe get one when the price drops, to pre-ordering one in the same of a couple of days, but heck I don't own a PS3 and have kinda moved away from playing games infront of a TV, so getting proper multi-platform games on the Vita should do me fine, looking forward to FFX, MGS collection, ZOE collection and 2D fighters. Hopefully in the future they will release other games in the Final Fantasy series and well once PS1 games are supported I can catch up on the older FF games from PSN.

Ended up getting the Rayman bundle with 8GB memory card and pre-order pack from Play and then Blazblue from Zavvi, total cost of around £250, which isn't that bad considering the RRP of the WIFI model is £230 on its own.

Have also ordered an official cradle from ebay since I find it invaluable for my 3DS and apparently it's not getting a UK release, at least at launch.

Soldato
played on one today, tbh its a bit meh and samey to the PSP with some improvements, graphics are good but I can't see it lasting, certainly wouldn't drop £200+ on it.

As i suspected it be good for a few weeks then gather dust

Exactly.

Except it's nothing like a PSP.

Soldato
OP
Not announced yet. The games go live on the store the midnight of release day, just in time to download for the morning.

Well prices in the US were announced a few days in advance of the First Edition bundle that was released on the 15th. Maybe we'll find out on Monday.

All of the Sony and Ubisoft titles are 10% off the RRP. Can't remember the rest as not all are up there yet, however I seem to remember seeing Fifa was full price.

As soon as I see anything I'll be posting it here so have no fear!

Soldato
Well prices in the US were announced a few days in advance of the First Edition bundle that was released on the 15th. Maybe we'll find out on Monday.

All of the Sony and Ubisoft titles are 10% off the RRP. Can't remember the rest as not all are up there yet, however I seem to remember seeing Fifa was full price.

As soon as I see anything I'll be posting it here so have no fear!

I think i read its just fifa and uncharted that are the same cost as retail but maybe incorrect!

Caporegime
I wouldn't expect more than 10% off the digital titles. Japan and USA always get better deals than EU (This has been shown time and time again with PS3) so I expect we will get less than 10% tbh. There will be online retailers that will easily sell games more than 10% off RRP (They seem to with current consoles anyway).

Hoping they give some sort of PS+ discounts to improve on that!

rp2000

Man of Honour
Why would Sony discount anything in the EU (and particularly the UK)? They know people here are idiots and historically have lapped up anything Sony have sold regardless of price.

Caporegime
Why would Sony discount anything in the EU (and particularly the UK)? They know people here are idiots and historically have lapped up anything Sony have sold regardless of price.

Of course they will offer a discount on some digital titles over retail. Only a tool would think there would be no discount, considering there are discounts in USA and japan already!

Hopefully the discounts will be revealed on Monday (I think we will get discounts over RRP, just not as much as USA/Japan).

rp2000

Back
Top Bottom