***** PlayStation Vita Official Thread *****

so this should be renamed the vita fanboy thread then?

I was originally interested in Vita until i saw the lineup was mostly rehashed PSP launch titles, its looks exactly like the PSP, it offers nothing amazing, it won't make it past shiny new toy month and after playing on one today it confirms everything I thought and was hardly amazing.

ipad and iPhone are a lot better and more useful, with new models of each this year its going to be a tough one for vita to make it into 2013

In your opinion :)

Maybe join the ipad/iphone fanboy thread?

If by fanboy thread u mean thread about interest in the vita then i guess im guilty?

Troll.

I have an iphone and its crap for gaming virtual controls woohoo :/

uncharted/fifa rehashed games ?

uncharted was never released on the psp :S

What games have you been looking at ?

Dw mate this Dude hasnt got a clue! Apparently they are all rehashed psp games?

Dont remember any of the launch titles beng on the psp? Maybe wipeout but im not sure. Either way hes just trying to hate i think

Exactly, anybody who's played a PSP will know how much difference two proper sticks will make.

Handheld gaming up to press has been a chore due to availability controls.

The Vita will be the opposite of that.

Couldnt agree more! Havent got a handheld anymore and i love just laying in bed playing with decent headphones etc! Can sometimes feel more immerisve than playing on a big screen too

I was originally interested in Vita until i saw the lineup was mostly rehashed PSP launch titles, its looks exactly like the PSP, it offers nothing amazing, it won't make it past shiny new toy month and after playing on one today it confirms everything I thought and was hardly amazing.

ipad and iPhone are a lot better and more useful, with new models of each this year its going to be a tough one for vita to make it into 2013

I'm buying a gaming machine for gaming. Not checking emails, browsing the net etc. I have my iphone 4 for that.
Touch screen gaming is a dying fad for me, and none of the games ever compare to most of my PSP games. Peace Walker would be near impossible on a touch screen.

Not sure if you're trolling with a such a silly response tbh.

Had a go with one of these the other day in store, must say, I was quite impressed. Only tried Uncharted for 5minutes or so though. What games do people recommend on going for?

Decent lineup and diversity of games releasing. Best bet is to check reviews on the likes of ign and have a read up.

Personally I'm looking forward to stardust delta, uncharted, FIFA 12 & unit 13 when it releases next month.

All depends what type of games you prefer.

I hope they don't force touch screen too much, it'll never be a good way of gaming for me.

The touchpad on the back is good, but putting your hand over the screen in games is just garbage.

Just been reading through a few pages of this thread. Have to admit I myself am excited for the Vita. Haven't played on one yet, but I don't want to either, makes the unboxing and first plays a bit more special and exciting.
Couple of quick questions:-

1) Will all the games become available for download?

2) Do the games run better off the memory card or from the disk?

Found this question, which is a good question and has been answered: http://kotaku.com/5869222/which-is-faster-vita-game-cards-or-vita-downloads/gallery/1

My order from Play.com moved to "Processing in warehouse" on Friday. Hopefully it'll be here in time, I guess it will considering I was given no delivery options at checkout for it, I guess it'll be by courier. I haven't had to confirm with them, but I have had to do that before where I phoned up to verify it was me making the order. Although I eventually cancelled that item (a phone pre-order).

I have so far ordered Uncharted, WipEout, Rayman (in the console bundle) and Unit 13, which has been delayed since I ordered it...

Lumines is the only game I am a bit iffy about. I loved the first game, and played it to death, but that's the thing that is making me a bit sceptical to just go out and buy it again. The upgrades do look small but then the reviews are sky high still... I'll see how long it lasts @ £30+ I guess.

I read Sony make a loss on each Vita. In other words sell them to us for less than they cost to make them. Which proves that those that say they are to expensive are idiots.

They've used off the shelf parts this time so I doubt the hardware is unprofitable.

There will be a decent amount of R&D costs to pay back though.

It should be renamed the moron thread.

GlpqV.jpg

Just been reading through a few pages of this thread. Have to admit I myself am excited for the Vita. Haven't played on one yet, but I don't want to either, makes the unboxing and first plays a bit more special and exciting.

Found this question, which is a good question and has been answered: http://kotaku.com/5869222/which-is-faster-vita-game-cards-or-vita-downloads/gallery/1

My order from Play.com moved to "Processing in warehouse" on Friday. Hopefully it'll be here in time, I guess it will considering I was given no delivery options at checkout for it, I guess it'll be by courier. I haven't had to confirm with them, but I have had to do that before where I phoned up to verify it was me making the order. Although I eventually cancelled that item (a phone pre-order).

I have so far ordered Uncharted, WipEout, Rayman (in the console bundle) and Unit 13, which has been delayed since I ordered it...

Lumines is the only game I am a bit iffy about. I loved the first game, and played it to death, but that's the thing that is making me a bit sceptical to just go out and buy it again. The upgrades do look small but then the reviews are sky high still... I'll see how long it lasts @ £30+ I guess.

you can get Lumnies for £23 at coolshop http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/lumines-ps-vita-22-97-coolshop-1147084#post13747160

Nearly at the finish now, only days away. :D So looking forward to getting it. In my mind there are some good games to choose from, just need to slow down and not buy too many :D

Would be keen to get a beat up on the unit, Marvel Vs capcom 3 or Mortal Kombat (which I know is not out unit April)

Unit 13 I like the look of and Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus looks cool.

Roll on Wednesday.

Nearly at the finish now, only days away. :D So looking forward to getting it. In my mind there are some good games to choose from, just need to slow down and not buy too many :D

Roll on Wednesday.

I agree. I'm really looking forward to Wednesday and hoping that it doesn't arrive at 5pm!

Amazon still haven't cancelled Rayman and Lumines for £6 each that I ordered months ago. I wonder if they will now!

For those asking about advertising a while back. The full Vita ad was spotted during the Sunderland v Arsenal FA cup game yesterday.

Here is one of the US adverts showing off Cross Platform play with save transferring in MLB12 which is due at the start of March.
http://youtu.be/WfBFx051pWM?hd=1

Have to say I prefer the EU adverts!

Also regarding NEAR. People with the 3G model have found that even with WiFi/3G off it still works. Your GPS position is tracked periodically throughout the day and is stored, the next time you connect to the internet in some way it uploads and downloads the relevant data.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom